Thread: weekend out at Clyne,Open invite.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

weekend out at Clyne,Open invite.

O.K. chaps ,a few of us have arranged to have a meet at

http://www.clynefarm.com/

on the weekend Friday 21st May to Sunday 23rd May.
    You don't have to do both nights.

It's a cracking site right on the edge of the Gower peninsular.There is a commercial campsite for half a dozen tents and a woodland campsite for bushcrafters.The woodland site has everything we need,including freshwater on a mains tap.I have stayed there a good few times and have always enjoyed it.The South Wales Bushcrafters Have also used this site and enjoyed it.
    Once in the woodland you could be anywhere in the world the only sign of civilisation is the odd plane passing over to land at Swansea airport.The airport only allows private planes and they can only fly in the day as the airport doesnt have a night licence.
    The woodland is a mixture of Pines and various broadleaf trees,there is a small pond and a couple of clearings.In the trees themselves there are plenty places to pitch for hammocks and ground dwellers.
    The cost is £7 per person per night this includes onsite secure parking,showers and toilets,all of which are on the main site.
    If you want to come I'll need definite numbers by Monday 9th may so that I can book it.

So if you want to come add to the list below.

1. Chris Grace

Just a little bump to provoke interest.

Chris.. Friday would be the 20th, I will def be there on Saturday 21st for 1 night. Will try to get there as early as I can on Sat and leave same time as everyone else on Sunday. Would be nice to meet as many as possible.

Me too, don't know how to add my name to your list Chris...!

Everyone - Here's the link to Clyne Farm website... http://www.clynefarm.com/accommodation/camping.htm

Paul.
    Last edited by paul standley; 12-04-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

1. Chris Grace
    2. GwersyllaCnau
    3. paul standley

hm, i have a lot of exams straight after that but i might be able to come. how far is it from the sea (walking0 i wouldnt mind getting some fishing in if i can. i'll have to talk to my dad so it's a maybe from me.
    "There's enough in this world for everyones need, but not enough for everyone greed"
    Ghandi

"only when the last tree has burned, the last fish has been caught, the last river poisoned, will we realise we cannot eat money"

The entrance to Clyne is on the coast, but I.m not sure how far into the woods the site is.