Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The island with bear!

Now can we all just take a breath and chill out ?

So adze is back in northern soul then eh? Pah!

Quote Originally Posted by suggy View Post
    What's that got to do with this thread ?

That's right nothing.....
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    No Mike you're quite right. You didn't imply anything which is why I had to ask you the question in the first place.

When you think about it the Nazis were a particularly evil bunch of people and its easy to see how someone could find it easy to be offended by the comment.

Now can we all just take a breath and chill out ?
    Though nothing to do with this post.lets not forget,as D-Day Aproaches.All who gave so much,that we could be doing what were doing etc.atb.mike
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Ok gents, correct me if I am wrong but I believe this thread is about a current TV series and it may be wise to get it back on topic. Valid viewpoints on the contestants, methods used, what you would do different etc. are all invited but personal opinions on the presenter and his other shows are best kept to yourself thanks.

Anything deemed inappropriate or off topic is just going to get erased. Any further comments about free speech, the right to an opinion or references to superior races or dictatorships will really annoy me and you may well end up keeping Adz company.

Personally I like the show. I treat it as entertainment and the idiot volunteers as a target for derision between the politicians.

The Mrs likes it too as she gets to laugh at me pulling out what's left of my hair.

...And my opinion of Mussollini....... ;p
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Right let's get this back on track. I managed to watch about ten mins of the first episode and then realised that I would only end up shouting at the TV. Not because of Bear, kinda like the bloke as a TV personality and for his other off screen works. But most of these type of shows with amateur survivalist tend to wind me up due to the lack of common sense. The rare exception being man hunter which I really enjoy due to the added pressure of being stalked.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Quote Originally Posted by suggy View Post

A little off topic and insensitive at this time don't ya think?
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWilkinson View Post
    .... then realised that I would only end up shouting at the TV. .
    Part of the appeal in MHO mate... or should I say that is the appeal

Like the old 'Driving School' and 'worst ...(insert idiot)...' about the only tv I watch anymore....bloody repeats.....bloody licence fee..... guess i'm getting old 'n' grumpy
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWilkinson View Post
    Right let's get this back on track. I managed to watch about ten mins of the first episode and then realised that I would only end up shouting at the TV. Not because of Bear, kinda like the bloke as a TV personality and for his other off screen works. But most of these type of shows with amateur survivalist tend to wind me up due to the lack of common sense. The rare exception being man hunter which I really enjoy due to the added pressure of being stalked.
    I can relate to that. From what I gather they only had a days training before being left but common sense is generally lacking. It's something that always used to bug me when I worked in a College, teens coming in from school these days seem to have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    I can relate to that. From what I gather they only had a days training before being left but common sense is generally lacking. It's something that always used to bug me when I worked in a College, teens coming in from school these days seem to have the same problem.
    Yup. Common sense, ironically not that common and the reason why there is so much H&S legislation in my very humble opinion. Hopefully if anything this type of show highlights that fact to those involved. Would be nice to know how they progress and if they learn from their mistakes.