Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: knock knock, anybody home

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    There are still a number of guests continuing to view the old posts, might be time for a revival.
    I've noticed the same over a number of months, agreed, not time to give up yet.....

Still here. Been looking in regularly for quite a while but it has gone a bit quiet. Oh well, Like you said earlier Jus, time for a revival.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Still here. Been looking in regularly for quite a while but it has gone a bit quiet. Oh well, Like you said earlier Jus, time for a revival.
    Chubbs, still cooking on a Trangia set I bought from you years ago! In fact, will be cooking on it this weekend on a climbing trip. The complimentary amadou was incinerated by the kids long ago! hope all is well mate.....

Yeah, all is good mate, thank you. It has been a while hasn't it. I still get out every now and then but nowhere as much as I would like to. Kids and family life take up most of my time and a long running back problem puts me out for weeks. Thought I had it sorted a couple of years ago when I had a six hour op but it lasted until my first shift back cheffing. Hopefully it will be sorted soon as another one is planned to put a spacer in the base of my spine to relieve the pressure on the sciatic nerve.

I've bought and sold some stuff over the years !!. Think that's all finished now, the kit I own doesn't really get added to now. There again, I think I will be on the lookout for a new hammock quilt soon as my last one met an unfortunate end during my last local camp, that's another story !!!!!!.

Its good to be back here, maybe some of the old gang might follow suit.

i'm still here too.
    "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." - Confucius.

Hello Ross, its been a long time, hope you are well.

Are you still getting out or have you joined the ranks of the rest of us where life has taken over !!.

Hello Ross, its been a long time, hope you are well.

Are you still getting out or have you joined the ranks of the rest of us where life has taken over !!.
    It has m8. A lot has happened since we last met. I don't get out at all atm. Had a spinal injury a good while ago and still sorting it out so unable to get out. I will get back there though.

Quote Originally Posted by rosseveritt View Post
    It has m8. A lot has happened since we last met. I don't get out at all atm. Had a spinal injury a good while ago and still sorting it out so unable to get out. I will get back there though.
    There are a few of us heading over to WVF on Saturday June 8th for the evening. Come over if you can make it, will be really good to see you. We are staying in the small top wood, right near the Farm so not far to lug kit. I'm the same mate, bloody kills me but there are times when I really need just one night out, and this is one of them.

Be good to just sit around a fire and chill. I've even got a Exped Downmat you can sleep on if your back is bad. It works better for me than our bed at home.
    Last edited by Chubbs; 22-05-2019 at 08:51 PM.

There are a few of us heading over to WVF on Saturday June 8th for the evening. Come over if you can make it, will be really good to see you. We are staying in the small top wood, right near the Farm so not far to lug kit. I'm the same mate, bloody kills me but there are times when I really need just one night out, and this is one of them.

Be good to just sit around a fire and chill. I've even got a Exped Downmat you can sleep on if your back is bad. It works better for me than our bed at home.
    Thx for the invite my friend. Atm I am walking about 200m max. So a bit of a no go for me. We'll keep in touch here about future stuff though, if that's OK?

Quote Originally Posted by rosseveritt View Post
    Thx for the invite my friend. Atm I am walking about 200m max. So a bit of a no go for me. We'll keep in touch here about future stuff though, if that's OK?
    Hey mate, I totally understand what you are going through. I have good days but the bad ones have me bent over to one side, walking even a couple of metres takes an age. The good days make it look like there isn't anything wrong with me.

Yeah, be good to keep in contact, its been a long time. Hopefully others will follow suit and pop back in.