Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The island with bear!

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Been away all week on Scout camp and keep looking at these types of threads with annoyance. Well now I'm back and would like to express my continued annoyance in a particularly strong way but would be breaking the forum rules in doing so.
    Others have the right to express there opinions same as you have. This topic was created to discuss the show and that's what people are doing.

There seems to be this persistent 'anti Bear' thing that floats around on this forum, and I have voiced my displeasure before on a previous thread that basically had the same drivel in it.
    Just because others have different opinions to you doesn't mean they're drivel. If people have a negative opinion of him/his shows then they have every right to express them same as the positive opinions are.

I can't for the life of me understand why the hell folks that dislike BG so much still feel compelled to watch his programmes just so that they can criticise them in exactly the same way that they have before.
    Who said anything about been compelled? I for one have tried watching his shows but do not watch anymore.

If such open and publicly visible opinions towards an individual were posted on other forums it would get you banned.
    Then those forums are run by nazi's and I find it hard to belive any respectable forum would ban a member for expressing opinions on a show that is completely on-topic for the forum the post is in.

To my knowledge this has never been suggested on here, and it is not my place to suggest or implement on NBC,
    Why on earth would it?

and I do believe that folks have the right to their own opinions. Here is a suggestion though - stop watching the programmes and keep such strong opinions to yourselves.
    What's the point of having a discussion on a topic if you cant express your opinions? Kind of makes forums pointless.

Even the venerable RM has had the decency to refer to BG in a more lenient manner in recent times without resorting to the pettiness of other so called experts.

Respect the man for what he has achieved and the work he does for the youth of today. And be honest, if you had the chance to do what he does, and earn the kind of money he gets for doing it, wouldn't you do the same? I would.
    Tbh It's more the show(s) that are getting criticized really.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Quote Originally Posted by ADz View Post
    Who said anything about been compelled? I for one have tried watching his shows but do not watch anymore.
    So, in this thread specifically posted about a particular show, are you saying that you're expressing this volume of opinion about a show you haven't actually watched?

Been away all week on Scout camp and keep looking at these types of threads with annoyance. Well now I'm back and would like to express my continued annoyance in a particularly strong way but would be breaking the forum rules in doing so.
    There seems to be this persistent 'anti Bear' thing that floats around on this forum, and I have voiced my displeasure before on a previous thread that basically had the same drivel in it. I can't for the life of me understand why the hell folks that dislike BG so much still feel compelled to watch his programmes just so that they can criticise them in exactly the same way that they have before. If such open and publicly visible opinions towards an individual were posted on other forums it would get you banned. To my knowledge this has never been suggested on here, and it is not my place to suggest or implement on NBC, and I do believe that folks have the right to their own opinions. Here is a suggestion though - stop watching the programmes and keep such strong opinions to yourselves. Even the venerable RM has had the decency to refer to BG in a more lenient manner in recent times without resorting to the pettiness of other so called experts.

Respect the man for what he has achieved and the work he does for the youth of today. And be honest, if you had the chance to do what he does, and earn the kind of money he gets for doing it, wouldn't you do the same? I would.
    Well said that man!

However Adz, your posts go beyond the criticism of the show. Do you not read your own posts? And I would also like to express my disappointment in how you refer to other very good and well respected forums, quite possibly ones of which you may be a member of.

Said it before and I'll say it again....Its the production companies that tell the 'star' what they want. Some stars won't do that and leave, or are engineered out of the programme to be replaced by ones that will.

The public 'volunteering' for the shows are the ones I refer to as prostituting themselves - because I don't like this kind of reality TV I don't watch them end of.

What we don't see is beyond the public face of the stars as Jus says Bear does some really good work with youth, Mr M is a passionate conservationist (which we are discovering now),DC is a passionate historian........

And finally Adz......I suggest you are slightly more careful with the use of the Nazi word, some people on this and other forums may find it deeply offensive
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    ..I suggest you are slightly more careful with the use of the Nazi word, some people on this and other forums may find it deeply offensive
    Made me feel a little uneasy when used about what is basically an inconsequential topic. I should have had the nous to express my feelings at the time.

And finally Adz......I suggest you are slightly more careful with the use of the Nazi word, some people on this and other forums may find it deeply offensive
    Thought we fought the "nazis",for the right to freedom,and freedom of speach???
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    Thought we fought the "nazis",for the right to freedom,and freedom of speach???
    Your point being ? Unhappy with the censorship and forum ettiquette Mike ?
    [

Your point being ? Unhappy with the censorship and forum ettiquette Mike ?
    That isnt what i said!I made a statement!No need to attempt to twist ,alter,or imply anything else Wayne,
    Though there may appear to be some disagrement in the posts!Which! Each to his own.
    And now there are two "N" words.lol!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

No Mike you're quite right. You didn't imply anything which is why I had to ask you the question in the first place.

When you think about it the Nazis were a particularly evil bunch of people and its easy to see how someone could find it easy to be offended by the comment.

Now can we all just take a breath and chill out ?
    Last edited by Silverback; 31-05-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    [