Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you get these kind of tourists over on your side of the drink?

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    If it wasn't such a drain on emergency services and distressing for innocent family members, some of the antics people get up to would be funny. Hot and sunny weekend and as usual the Coastguard get called out..someone stuck halfway up the chalk sea cliffs where I live.
    They rescued him and saw he had tied a rope to a cliff top sign post, climbed down and froze..couldn't go up or down...The sign reads "Dangerous unstable chalk cliff...Do not climb"....

wtf?! idiot!!!

Blokey and 3 small children in an inflatable boat made by that old Mexican boatbuilders, El Cheapo, were rescued 3 times by Western Super Mare inshore RNLI. On the 3rd effort, a rescue knife slipped out of its container and shredded the matey's boat
    "Why did you do that?" he asked...
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    On the 3rd effort, a rescue knife slipped out of its container and shredded the matey's boat
    "Why did you do that?" he asked...
    lol

Tramp
    These types are everywhere. Plenty of numbskulls here

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    And another one...as starring in the local Newspaper...
    (Quote).." A South East Coast Ambulance Service car and ambulance were sent to the scene and the man was taken to Eastbourne District General Hospital for further treatment to a potential fracture to his foot.
    The daredevil jumped just yards from where new signs have been placed warning beachgoers of the risk of death or serious injury from tombstoning off the pier and groynes." .....

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Me and 3 mates all with a fair amount of mountain experience were on Helvellyn a few years back, lovely view from the summit till the clouds dropped (visibility went down to 3-4m at one point). All those tourists in shorts and trainers carrying bottles of water they bought from the shop asking where to go and what to do lol. Many of the answers are not repeatable. No deaths were reported but there must have been some very close calls.

Of course the reasonable reply as responsible and friendly walkers / mountaineers would be 'that way would you like me to show you ? ' Not to utter unrepeatable on the forum words....at least help them off the hill before sitting in judgement rather than sitting on the hill and leaving them to possibly walk off browncove crag.....mind you at least you're not sitting in judgement in your armchair writing a letter of disgust at the burden to the taxpayer and demanding training courses and insurance to your local paper like mr nimby of surbiton
    [

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    But I never said it was our group that made the comments as we were already leaving using the cairns to get off the peak.

If you were already leaving then the same applies.... 'Why don't you follow us ?' Its easy really

The very ethos of Mountain Rescue and how it all started is walkers and mountaineers lending assistance to other fell and mountain going folks
    Last edited by Silverback; 13-01-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    [