Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not into Facebook..?

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow

Anyone else not into Facebook..?

Hello.. First post in a long time.. I am finally free from facebook. Anyone still here, anyone else not into Facebook..? I am going to miss it and am now wondering where to put my energy now.. Hoping I can get back into bushcraft and spoon carving..

I held out for a long long time, not joining Failbook for years. No doubt I missed out on a lot of things my (international) family shared, but glad I didn't waste my time on it.

Sadly, I've had little option but to join a few groups recently because diving alone is far more dangerous than with a buddy and I don't know anyone to dive with. Having said that, I'm going alone today because there just doesn't seem to be that many people doing it (spearfishing). Hunting on land is very limited here in the UK. At least I can hunt underwater without too many restrictions. Well... there is the "no Bass" BS this year of course but otherwise the regulations are sane and easy to observe.
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    I held out for a long long time, not joining Failbook for years. No doubt I missed out on a lot of things my (international) family shared, but glad I didn't waste my time on it.

Sadly, I've had little option but to join a few groups recently because diving alone is far more dangerous than with a buddy and I don't know anyone to dive with. Having said that, I'm going alone today because there just doesn't seem to be that many people doing it (spearfishing). Hunting on land is very limited here in the UK. At least I can hunt underwater without too many restrictions. Well... there is the "no Bass" BS this year of course but otherwise the regulations are sane and easy to observe.
    I can't be done with it any more, but I will miss everyone.. With the new data protection laws, I believe that because I did not agree to the facebook terms, my account will be deleted.. I hope so.

Do you snorkel or air dive Beanie..? I have me a speargun that I have hardly ever used and I live just above Talland Bay where they have often held the spear fishing championships..

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    Do you snorkel or air dive Beanie..?
    Beanie? ROFL! It's Bernie (Bernhard) HAHAHA!

No tanks for me thanks. I freedive with a speargun. I'm a long way East of you, in Exmouth (Devon). If you want to give that gun another chance, drop me a PM some time and we'll see if there's somewhere suitable in the vast coastline between you and me to find some fish.
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese Proverb

Hello Jonny - great to hear from you again.

I'm using FB albeit sparingly and I refuse to have it on my phone. I don't understand those folks who take their dog for a walk and stare at a phone screen for the whole time.

Anyway, welcome back,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Beanie? ROFL! It's Bernie (Bernhard) HAHAHA!

No tanks for me thanks. I freedive with a speargun. I'm a long way East of you, in Exmouth (Devon). If you want to give that gun another chance, drop me a PM some time and we'll see if there's somewhere suitable in the vast coastline between you and me to find some fish.
    Sorry, spell checker turning you into a Beanie.. Yeah I will give you a shout. I do need to get me a decent wetsuit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Hello Jonny - great to hear from you again.

I'm using FB albeit sparingly and I refuse to have it on my phone. I don't understand those folks who take their dog for a walk and stare at a phone screen for the whole time.

Anyway, welcome back,

M@
    Cheers chap, I will drop in from time to time.. Is there ant others still on here..?

I don't bother much with FB these days, pretty much all my friends use Whatsapp.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

I do need to get me a decent wetsuit though.
    I dive in a surfing suit. People can snigger all they want; at least I'm getting wet and enjoying myself.

Never had it, everyone I know has had a problem with it at some time or other, and if there is a disagreement all hell brakes loose!... I haven't got time for the silly bo--ox to be honest, I know there is a lot of good things about facebook, but the bad outweigh the good for me, I am on Instagram and WhatsApp, I can choose who is in my network and I like to keep it that way.

some of my contacts who have business pages have had good responses, and others have had some negative issues with unreasonable people, I don't need that either, 30 years building a reputation to have it destroyed by some troll who has no morals or ethical values.

stick to the forums and stick to answering or asking about things with people you choose to be around, albeit virtually, same as facebook, I suppose, just more my thing.

Adam
    The Only Possible Guarantee Of The Future Is Responsible Behaviour In The Present

Hello.. First post in a long time.. I am finally free from facebook. Anyone still here, anyone else not into Facebook..? I am going to miss it and am now wondering where to put my energy now.. Hoping I can get back into bushcraft and spoon carving..

I’m back!