Thread: Fujifilm FinePix F500

Fujifilm FinePix F500

This may come as a strange question from a semi pro photographer, but has anyone used a Fujifilm FinePix F500? What is the picture/film quality like? WHAT IS THE BATTERY LIFE? What do you think of the camera in general?

How does it perform documenting a trip report using both video and stills?

I've got fed up of taking my SLR which prob weighs about 2 or 3kg and takes up 1/4 of my bergen lol and know nothing about compact cameras.

Sorry to say, but it's not highly rated as a good compact.
    It's low light cpability is pretty pants and it suffers from major image distortion on the wide end and focusing is also slow. It's ok on the tele end in bright conditions though.
    For low light image quality the Fuji F31fd is renowned (discontinued now but still sought after) and the video quality and battery life is superb.
    a 2 gig card (max size available) gives around 30 mins of video and the battery will last me a full week and I can shoot about 6 hours of video with one charge.

Take a look at dpreview for any and all camera reviews.

thanks richie

The other compacts I am considering are:
    Olympus SZ-14
    and
    Nikon COOLPIX S8000

Anyone know what they're like?

Hobo
    I had the S8000. wasnt too bad a picture but the colours were weird(may have been the settings as i am far from a photographer) It does not take well to swimming though, best to avoid the water :P. Battery seemed to be good on it even when used for video playback

Quote Originally Posted by allytk View Post
    I had the S8000. wasnt too bad a picture but the colours were weird(may have been the settings as i am far from a photographer) It does not take well to swimming though, best to avoid the water :P. Battery seemed to be good on it even when used for video playback

All my pro cameras are Nikon, battery life on them is amazing, I can do a wedding in onr battery or about 15 portrait sittings. The sensor in the nikons doesn't handle green very well, it tends to over saturate but that can be easily corrected.
    I would like to stay with Nikon because I know them