Thread: A little advice would be greatly appreciated. (Long trek)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Is there any real beneficial difference between Hammock and tent?

As far as I can see: Hammock is slightly lighter, but not so much to make it a breaking point.
    Hammock is up and off the ground keeping you away from dampness or critters etc.
    But tent seemingly is much more draught proof and rugged. I think I'd rather be in a tent than a hammock in torrential ran and wind.

What size rucksack would you guys go with for a long trek? And what weight are we talking?

p.s
    don't worry Sapper, danny. I just needed to get the thoughts written down. I've got a lot of thinking to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    don't worry Sapper, danny. I just needed to get the thoughts written down. I've got a lot of thinking to do.
    I do worry though...... sometimes get to deal with the aftermath of poorly planned trips. For example the 3 people who set off to walk a famous long distance path with a tent and a tarp, a tin of sardines and one water bottle between them. Navigating by AA road map over some of the bleakest bog in the UK. They separated leaving one to continue......3 mountain rescue teams and 5 search and rescue dogs later he was found...luckily it was July....Theres more stories like this one, pull up a sandbag...... Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Pretty Poor Performance.
    [