Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Northern Dish (Hammock Camping)

TC ye need to change yer name to the Woodland Gourmet
    All yer Vids make me hungry!!!!!!!! and i dont like Corned beef!

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    Corned beef hash, with a proper gravy and a slice of bread to mop whats left. How good is that

Did you have a digestive with a bit of marg on, as your afters?

A bit light on the chilli for my knackered pallet, but it looked like a feast none the less.

Thanks for sharing
    Eccles cake with butter on it for afters and a brew mate.

Plenty of black pepper and lea & Perrins gave it a bit of heat. LOL

I do like a bit of chilli meself though. I'll have to make something spicy sooner or later.

TC
    Remember LNT

A nice camp chilli

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    Corned beef hash, with a proper gravy and a slice of bread to mop whats left. How good is that

Did you have a digestive with a bit of marg on, as your afters?

A bit light on the chilli for my knackered pallet, but it looked like a feast none the less.

Thanks for sharing
    oooooosh!!!! wheres them digestives?????????
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Digestives, marge and a blob of butter... is it me birthday Mother?

I once tried introducing some of my Cornish friends to the delights of the Eccles cake, I even suggested they put a bit of clotted cream on one (which I later tried meself, in the name of research and it wasn't that bad, messy, but not bad at all) but they were having none of it.

I had a similar level of success promoting the Kendal Mint Cake in its original form, but when I got a hold of a couple of the chocolate covered ones and suggested they think of them as being a big, thick after eight mint, that seemed to do the trick.

I wonder if you could make an Eccles cake style bannock bread? You would probably end up with something like a badly made scone, but it might be edible?

Finally, as a recovering L&P addict, I must caution you on how easy it is to fall under its spell. It starts of quite innocently with a couple of drops in a can of beans or on cheese on toast, then without really thinking about it, you find you're adding a hearty measure to a chilli, a casserole or a curry, finally before you know why, your loved ones are throwing plates of food at you, because all the can taste is LEE AND BLOODY PERRINS!!!

It is a slippery slope, is all I'm saying. Be safe out there.

My next sneaky (or not so sneaky) camp will feature a corned beef hash repast, thanks to your splendid video

Btw, cool channel. subbed

Atb.

Colin
    Ansum La

Now forget that Marg Colin its got to be Butter, Real Butter.

Those Eccles cakes are bloody messy and crumbly I am going to have to rethink the afters.

Thanks for the sub and I hope you take a couple of pics of making that hash.

I'm thinking Pea Soup and Suet Dumplings for me next cook up. As kids we would have 3 dumplings in our soup but only eat 2. Then after we had finished our soup on the 3rd dumpling we would pour some treacle on it, that was desert, Bloody lovely.

TC
    Remember LNT

Butter, real butter?

That was a luxury when I was a lad. We had to make do with lard coloured with wee... and we were grateful to get it!

Anything with suet dumplings sounds good fella. I need to experiment in the camp kitchen more. I tend to make a meal and if I like it (and it likes me) I stick to it. So when I'm not just heating up a rat pack I just go with what I know. My current favoured 'cooked' meal, which this isn't really camp cooking at all, but was discovered through a combination of laziness and less than an excess of cooking water; is adding dry pasta to a spicy beanfeast mix and leaving it to cook, which results in a poor man's vegetarian friendly spagbol al dente.

Add a bit of pepper (white, black and cayenne) some chilli and a good shake of L&P's and you are laughing (you probably won't be able to talk much, but you can certainly cough in a laughing fashion).
    Ansum La

Quote Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
    Corned beef hash..... Can't beat it ...........
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin