Thread: Hello from all over the UK

Alone in the Wilderness

Hello from all over the UK

Hi,
    My name is Lee, I am a keen outdoor enthusiast, walker, wild camper and bushcrafter. I used to keep myself to myself and get on quietly with my own adventures until I realised the issues of land ownership and rights of way etc. First I joined the Ramblers then the British Mountaineering Council and then I came across a guy who owned some land and was happy to share/allow campers yet not become a commercial campsite. We got talking, we came up with a plan and then Nearly Wild Camping was hatched. I have personally put hundreds of volunteer hours into this project. Every bushcraft forum has the same question repeated over and over 'where is a good spot to wild camp and test out my bushcraft skills?'. Mostly there is no definite answer, none that can guarantee the possibility of being disturbed by early morning dog walkers or worse those with permission to hunt.
    Three years later we now have a fast growing co-operative organisation run by passionate campers/bushcrafters/land owners for campers/bushcrafters/land owners. www.nearlywildcamping.org As we grow we are educating people about bushcraft/hammock camping etc. (as it's not that mainstream) and landowners sometimes think that woodland is of no interest to visitors. It is a membership organisation and each location does charge a fee to stay there but generally for basic facilities you are looking at £10 per night, some locations (that get our 5* rating) have no facilities at all, just land and permission to be there. And to show I'm not all about 'You must join' here's a great location from our directory that you don't need to be a member to visit: http://gowildsurvival.com/
    Lee

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    to the NBCUK forum NWC. Thanks for the heads up on the links provided this is very much appreciated & good luck with your endeavours.
    Regards
    David

Hello Lee and welcome,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Hi and welcome aboard, thanks for the links

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Hello Lee !
    Interesting links there, I think its a great idea!
    Luckily I got a few "secret" spots still but I might well join for future ventures.

Good luck and thanks for sharing the info and introducing yourself!

Welcome aboard!

If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

welcome mate

Alone in the Wilderness
    shepherd,

are Northern Soul Bushcrafters still alive and kicking?

Quote Originally Posted by NWC View Post
    shepherd,

are Northern Soul Bushcrafters still alive and kicking?
    Some of us are.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Quote Originally Posted by BJ View Post
    Some of us are.
    Me too. Only Wayne could say for certain as he was the mover and shaker behind NSB, but I think it's been dormant for more than a year now.
    “If the apple won't fall - go shake the tree.”
    ― Isaac Newton