Thread: Bushcrafters are never beaten!

Bushcrafters are never beaten!

Sad moment this morning. After a fairly aggressive smoking session trying to fathom something out, my trusty briar pipe cracked. Had it been yesterday, not a problem, today however my local (and only) tobacconist that sells pipes was closed.
    A few tools of the trade, a length of brass lanyard tube and a cherry log and I'm good to go again!

It isn't pretty, it won't last long and probably isn't the best smoker in the world. But it'll get me though until tomorrow and I'm somewhat proud of my decidedly dodgy attempt

Samuel Hearne
    I like it well done.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Awesome. You could possibly turn one on the lathe in two separate pieces & then fit them together or you could carve a pipe out of that lovely piece of cherry log & then just drill your way through from the stem to the other end.
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    Awesome. You could possibly turn one on the lathe in two separate pieces & then fit them together or you could carve a pipe out of that lovely piece of cherry log & then just drill your way through from the stem to the other end.
    Regards
    David
    I thought that actually. I'll be buying a new pipe tomorrow but it served brilliantly as a temporary fix. And its an excuse to buy a lathe
    Got any amount of that cherry seasoning though so plenty of scope to mess about