Thread: Hunter Fileld Target Shooting at the HFT Quary ground in Wales last Sunday

Hunter Fileld Target Shooting at the HFT Quary ground in Wales last Sunday

Joined the Quarry HFT shooting club yesterday and had an impromptu 25 target round whilst I was there.

Went along to say hi and see if it was for me and took my gun along but wasn't planning on shooting really but the guys needed one more body to make up the pairs numbers so I got pulled in...!

I hadn't shot my gun since I bought it a week ago and hadn't zeroed it or anything so it was really "shooting blind" but it was good fun and I got the score of 22/50.

I ache all over today, most shots were taken shooting prone and I was stretching muscles I didn't even know I had.

My gun is not very HFT PC cus it's, cheap, it's a springer and it's .22...! but what the hell :-)

It's a Webley Stingray II .22 with a 3-9x40 scope.

HFT club shooting looks like a great way to get my eye in for shooting vermin so I'll be a regular visitor down at the Quarry.

If we do an airgun weekend in Cornwall in April I might even be able to hit the barn doors by then...!

Paul.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

i love this shooting ground, the shots are really challenging! 22 is a very good score for a first time and not used to the rifle yet!
    "There's enough in this world for everyones need, but not enough for everyone greed"
    Ghandi

"only when the last tree has burned, the last fish has been caught, the last river poisoned, will we realise we cannot eat money"

Trapper
    I dream of a score of 22, after the first 3 or 4 times of getting up off the floor i ache so bad i stop.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Where do you shoot then Stan?

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Trapper
    Hi Guys, i shoot air rifles at Shebear Shooting Club in Shebear and .22 rimfire at Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club. And in my garden.