Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Litterally gutted

Litterally gutted

Just returned from almost 2 weeks in hospital as my guts once again turned on me and gave me a bad case of constipation, and I had to have around 20 cm of my small intestine surgically removed in a procedure that that took 6 hours...I think thats more info than you need allready, but I am on the mend, starting from zero as per usual. And it will happen again as I have Morbus Chrons, which is chronic. Luckilly they tell me that there are some new treatments that have shown good results in keeping it in remission, and I will be on it once I have recovered from the surgery. I love public, free health care!

Meanwhile I am swimming in a world of morphine based painkillers that I am slowly trying to get off...so that I can have my driving licence back.

Ok, back to reconstructing my life.

Thanks for all the sympathy I am obviously fishing for!

Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Hi Rune. That all sounds rather horrible. I wish you a speedy recovery. Let us know how the new treatment works out.

All the best,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Ouch, speedy recovery mate, as Mat says, let us know how the treatment goes.

A bowel resection is the smelliest operation I have ever been involved with.

Get well soon.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello Rune,
    Ouch.. Crohns I can sympathise with you.. nevermind the small intestine is about twice the length of the large intestine & usually measures about 10 feet in length.. so losing a few inches shouldn't make much difference.. sympathetic or what?? did you ask the doctor if you could keep the cut out section for Bushcraft use possibles pouch??
    GET WELL SOON.
    Regards
    David

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Greetings Rune,
    Sorry to hear about your illness.

hope you're feeling a little better and I also hope your recovery is a swift one!

Don't worry about coming off the Morphine too quick ... I hear if mixed with a couple (of generous) shots of single malt , you will have a very good night's sleep indeed, better than hammocks...

Additionally try and enjoy having everything done for you for a change...
    Breakfast in bed, drinks on demand , food served pronto and all your whims catered for at a seconds notice....

I got a little brass bell that doesn't get much use anymore ... as swmbo just hates it, (but it winds her up a treat , for much of my amusement) 😁

I had it for a joke when I got my knees operated ...
    It was very handy but hated by swmbo.😒

I can send it to you if you like, that way you don't even have to shout out requests...
    😁
    Joking aside , hope you have a speedy recovery and that this new suggested treatment works as well as they predict.

Medicine is coming on in leaps and bounds these days, some amazing developments every year...
    ...and I expect in Scandinavia the standard is a very good one!

Best of lucks and plenty of rest.

Regards
    Last edited by Woody; 12-09-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Greetings Rune,
    Sorry to hear about your illness.

hope you're feeling a little better and I also hope your recovery is a swift one!

Don't worry about coming off the Morphine too quick ... I hear if mixed with a couple (of generous) shots of single malt , you will have a very good night's sleep indeed, better than hammocks...

Additionally try and enjoy having everything done for you for a change...
    Breakfast in bed, drinks on demand , food served pronto and all your whims catered for at a seconds notice....

I got a little brass bell that doesn't get much use anymore ... as swmbo just hates it, (but it winds her up a treat , for much of my amusement) ��
    I had it for a joke when I got my knees operated ...
    It was very handy but hated by swmbo.��

I can send it to you if you like, that way you don't even have to shout out requests...
    ��
    Joking aside , hope you have a speedy recovery and that this new suggested treatment works as well as they predict.

Medicine is coming on in leaps and bounds these days, some amazing developments every year...
    ...and I expect in Scandinavia the standard is a very good one!

Best of lucks and plenty of rest.

Regards
    Haha, this one made me laugh :-)

Yea I will be on the med quickly. And yes I got a fair lenght left og my small intestine, but it is the 5th time they chop some off. Luckilly the surgeons at my local hospital specialize in these kind of surgeries, and there has been no complications this time. So getting back in the saddle has been fairly straight forward this time. Just have to ease slowly off the pain medications and by the time I go back to have my stitches removed in 2 weeks time, I should be mor or less okay, except for a ban on lifting anything for the next 3 months.

ANyway I have been trough this and worse before due to the same chronic illness.

Meanwhile I just have to get my lazy ass off the couch and walk as much as possible.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Hey Rune,
    Sorry to hear about the operation. Hope you make a speedy recovery and get back out and about soon.
    Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and I'm older!

www.northernsoulbushcrafters.co.uk

Well you've got my sympathy. All the best rune.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Rune.
    He who says "he can" and he who says "he can't", are both usually right.