Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony1948..beware of the bears

Quote Originally Posted by Woodii View Post
    Thank you xxx hecwas so knowledgeable and has so much stuff ...I think many a man would make use and If it puts a few pennies in me mum's pocket then great ....ad she's moving bk down here soon as sold in clacton . She needs to be with family and friends. U have alk been very kind x t
    Hi Kelly, not to be blunt and insensitive but yes, Your Dad's work was top draw, wish I had had the funds the 1 and only time I was privy to a cuppa there, he showed some amazing knives etc, I'm sure that anything that was offered for sale would sell very soon, I for one would love something as an additional reminder of him.

Thanks.

Alan

Hiya all ..this is jay Tonys son in law . Once went and had the pleasure of having a camp out with you guys. Our plans are to sort Tonys bushcraft gear this weekend. Didn't want to go down the ebay route would prefer to keep in house with u guys .would be much appreciated if u mark could meet up next week sometime when it's convenient for u . Many thanks jamie and kelly
    Last edited by Woodii; 04-08-2016 at 09:02 PM.

You might want to edit yr mobile out mate. You can Private Message people - much safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodii View Post
    Hiya all ..this is jay Tonys son in law . Once went and had the pleasure of having a camp out with you guys. Our plans are to sort Tonys bushcraft gear this weekend. Didn't want to go down the ebay route would prefer to keep in house with u guys .would be much appreciated if u mark could meet up next week sometime when it's convenient for u . Many thanks jamie and kelly
    My in box is empty now. Let me know when and where mate. I went to Tony's old place near lakeside a couple of years ago.
    Last edited by mark; 05-08-2016 at 06:49 AM.
    A wise man once said.

ATB. Don't get eaten by the Bears.

Tony1948

yes, tony's work was amazing.. some of the nicest knives iv ever seen,, literally.. i will keep an eye out for when you get things sorted and an advert put together.. all the best. shepherd

I never knew Tony. But looking at his work he was a true craftsman and a great loss to the profession. My condolences to his family and friends. I'm sure his gear will be used and loved for years to come

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    I must admit I am very interested in seeing Tony's craft and ( funds permitting) buying a piece or two, especially as I understand he did sharps and sheaths amongst other things...

It would also be nice idea for a thread on all of Tony's work (?) to complete his known portfolio.

I'm new on this forum , but I saw Rune's axe sheath a while back , which was beautiful.
    Tony's work of course...
    (Although I can't find that thread...&#128530

Also it must be said , it's a very kind gesture of Tony's family for giving everyone here the privilege of first dibs.
    Its not easy to part with loved one's possessions. Let alone art & craft .

Time is a good healer but it's not been long, hope the pain has eased for the family.

As I said before , Tony lives on through his work , and his work will outlive most of us.

Kind regards
    Last edited by Woody; 07-08-2016 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Predictive tourettes...

I would message Ashley direct with regards to the crossbow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    The axe mask was not Rune's , I'm sorry for the confusion, it was David's .
    I found the thread that I mentioned earlier in the previous post.
    I knew it was around somewhere...

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...ad.php?p=98342

A beautiful axe mask by an obviously very talented craftsman...