Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eden

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."

Eden

hello,
    Just as I was getting over 10,000BC & the follow up 2 Tribes (withdrawal symptoms) here we go again.. EDEN http://www.channel4.com/programmes/eden "In a remote corner of the UK, 23 men and women try to build a new life and new society from scratch, isolated from the rest of the world.." hmm.. sounds like the SNP 45% & Independence. I shall withdraw that statement T's & C's rules.. politics.. blah blah blah..
    Regards
    David

lets hope its better than that 10,000bc was! utter garbage haha..

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    I'm a little shortsighted sometimes...

Because we never watch TV just last week I decided it was time to do away with both the license and the TV.
    The kids are not interested, we just read and surf the net so what's the point right?
    Wrong!

Since then , Ray Mears has his new show (wild France).
    Rio 2016 is coming!!!
    And now this sounds like an interesting experiment that I would enjoy watching, especially if they're all experienced in different key skills.

Edit.
    Sounds like this was the experiment described on an old thread in this forum....
    (Mission : find thread...&#128544
    Asking for participants

Blast , I might have to reinstate TV again...
    Last edited by Woody; 12-07-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Found it:

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...ead.php?t=9143

That's the one I wanted to participate but swmbo said *#Άπ₯{#()’$€π|€•$•😭₯€©_^ΆΧ

😞

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post

Because we never watch TV just last week I decided it was time to do away with both the license and the TV.
    The kids are not interested, we just read and surf the net so what's the point right?

Blast , I might have to reinstate TV again...
    Don't bother; all the programmes you want are on some form of "catch-up" or iPlayer thing
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello Woody,
    DITTO I very rarely watch TV either I often wonder why I have a TV too?? I thought you had your own little EDEN project going on down there in your neck of the woods..
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    Don't bother; all the programmes you want are on some form of "catch-up" or iPlayer thing
    Last edited by David_JAFO; 13-07-2016 at 08:56 AM.

TV's aren't just for watching TV these days, they are the hub of an entertainment centre. Our main TV is a 60", its fantastic, you can surf the net, access your catchup channels, access the home network and all the hundreds and thousands of films/files/photos stored there et al. All our bedroom TV's have full internet access and again access to the home network and the license fee at less than 50p a day is superb value when you look at all the beeb offer INHO.

I don't hold up much hope for 'Eden'
    Richard
    South Wales UK

Blimey, TVs in the bedrooms?! Internet on the TV ?!
    Times have changed...in so little time it seems.
    When my grandad got our first (B&W) TV, the whole street used to come around to watch the programs, mainly the football...

Bedroom TV? Each to their own but when I finally get to the bedroom the only thing on my mind is ... ahem
    well you know... sleep!

my 15" TV just about gets the BBC 1 and 2 and the travel channel... the rest just gets stuck and has TV tourettes...weird pixelation , stopstarts and interrupted sound, due to bad signal... we re in the valley as it were.
    So I think we might just do what was suggested and do the catch up thing...

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello Woody,
    DITTO I very rarely watch TV either I often wonder why I have a TV too?? I thought you had your own little EDEN project going on down there in your neck of the woods..
    Regards
    David
    Wish I did, we got the horses and plenty of public woods, forest and monoliths as well as stone circles but no settlement or woodland of my own ... yet! !!!
    Good things come to those who go and get it! And so I'm working on it...

One day my friend , one day...

Don't waste your time watching it - it's not aimed at the likes of people who post on bushcraft forums.
    You're not their target audience.
    All that will happen is that you will get annoyed at so-and-so for doing something wrong, or being poorly instructed, or some other pedantic point. And then you will post your disgust on a bushcraft forum thus demonstrating what a joyless and po-faced lot bushcrafters can be.
    It's not aimed at you.
    It's just trashy reality TV masquerading as some kind of social experiment. But it's not. It's just voyeuristic trash.
    That's OK if you watch it knowing that's all it is, but don't watch it expecting anything else.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/