Thread: Dirt bike (motorcycle) and Green Lanes (BOAT's)

Dirt bike (motorcycle) and Green Lanes (BOAT's)

Hi all,

Bit of a strange one I guess, but does anyone use green lanes and camp on or near them?

I wondered about using a dual sport bike and tying it in with nights out, maybe even do a bit of a tour combining both bike and wild camping, ( it's a very quiet dual sport, not a raucous one...lol )

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers Tiggs
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

I don't, but it sounds like a good idea to me.
    There's only one real way to know if it'll be a good thing to do or not, and that's do it! You're an experienced camper so I'm sure you know what you're doing, so go for it, I say! And don't forget to post some pictures.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    green lanes or byways also known as BOATs (Byway Open to All Traffic) unclassified county roads, white roads or G roads. I've own a piece of ground near such & I've got permission to use another area just off a section of the Antonine wall *a turf fortification on stone foundations, built by the Romans across what is now the Central Belt of Scotland, between the Firth of Forth & the Firth of Clyde. I'm sure as long as you follow the country code leave no trace there shouldn't be any problems unless otherwise stated by the landowner or the local authority. I have been known to travel by bike along such, mostly I like to walk when I can.
    Regards
    David

Thanks for the replies, good words of wisdom Humakt, I will give it a try and post some images,

Thanks
    Campfires are best shared with friends.