Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mid range bushcraft knife

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    what about this mate... very popular knife http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/c...ice-1775-p.asp
    That is popular, and it might well be brilliant for the job... but is it just me on thinking it's an ugly knife?
    Just my opinion, I know , but I think it didn't just fall off the ugly tree ...it looks like it's hit every branch on its way down and then got dragged through the whole forest...

Horse and courses I guess.
    Last edited by Woody; 06-06-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    That is popular, and it might well be brilliant for the job... but is it just me on thinking it's an ugly knife?
    Just my opinion, I know , but I think it didn't just fall off the ugly tree ...it looks like it's hit every branch on its way down and then got dragged through the whole forest...

Horse and courses I guess.
    Please, Mick or/and Shepherd, apologies. I hope my opinion on the condor knife's looks, hasn't killed this thread ...
    Apologies for being outspoken .

I'll get my coat ...

Please, Mick or/and Shepherd, apologies. I hope my opinion on the condor knife's looks, hasn't killed this thread ...
    Apologies for being outspoken .

I'll get my coat ...
    Haha. Not at all! It's not a nice looking knife to be honest

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

haha.. no i agree.. its an ugly blade..

I've decided to put my knife collection to some actual use for once lol. Comparing expensive vs cheap and see if they're worth the money. Might even make it a group thing if anyone fancies some knife perving/abuse and camping

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

If only I could explain away a rockstead bowie or Medford seawolf to steph I could do a more thorough test lol

One option coule be to buy a knife blank from f.ex Enzo, and make your own scales.
    I never really liked my Enzo trapper ...but only because the handle is to narrow, as it is designed as a hunting knife, and I need a knife to work on wood.
    it gets uncomfortable to work with it.

So am playing with the idea of chopping off the scales and make my own.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    One option coule be to buy a knife blank from f.ex Enzo, and make your own scales.
    I never really liked my Enzo trapper ...but only because the handle is to narrow, as it is designed as a hunting knife, and I need a knife to work on wood.
    it gets uncomfortable to work with it.

So am playing with the idea of chopping off the scales and make my own.
    I've got an enzo trapper somewhere I wasn't a huge fan either. As for scaling my own though the intention of this is an out of the box comparison but ordinarily I would definitely be doing that!

That would be an interesting demonstration, as I've used a Mora Bushcraft for pretty much everything outdoors including battoning... but have used a friend's F1 and couldn't really see advantage, other that a longer blade and also used a TBS boar from the Bushcraft store and the only advantage is a vanity one because it looks nicer with wooden scales etc. As for performance, I think the old cheap Mora is just as good for most tasks...
    But saying that , I do also suffer from the shiny shiney syndrome and can't wait to get my hands on the one you're making me...
    I think in this case it'l be different from the Mora range because the shape of handle and wooden feel will enhance the experience... as well as steel quality, craftsmanship and good looks.
    Last edited by Woody; 12-06-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Predictive keyboards are like tourettes syndrome... :)

That would be an interesting demonstration, as I've used a Mora Bushcraft for pretty much everything outdoors including buttoning... but have used a friend's F1 and couldn't really see advantage, other that a longer blade and also used a TBS boar from the Bushcraft store and the only advantage is a vanity one because it looks nicer with wooden scales etc. As for performance, I think the old cheap Mora is just as good for most tasks...
    But saying that , I do also suffer from the shiny shiney syndrome and can't wait to get my hands on the one you're making me...
    I think in this case it'l be different from the Mora range because the shape of handle and wooden feel will enhance the experience... as well as looks.
    You'll find mora are actually very good. I like to think of them as inexpensive rather than cheap. Although for some applications they're limited. Terrible skinners for example. I think with folders you see a much bigger difference price wise. A buck or a Gerber for example you get a good all round knife, or so I thought until I bought a strider SMF lol. Medford preatorian is similar quality tbh just totally bombproof