Thread: Go outdoors holdall offer

Go outdoors holdall offer

If you go in store they are doing these
    The http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-...l-pack-p143466

Price`s are £18.00 for the 90 litre £20 for the the 110 litre and £23.00 for the 120 litre it is only a bank holiday offer and is in store only

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    sorry Diviy I've seen these.. cheap tat. If your looking for a good quality PVC waterproof holdall go into one of the mountaineering stores similar priced much better quality North Face or Berghaus. I'm not impressed with Go Outdoors at all. I've been in their warehouse a few times & to me IMHO it's factory seconds, most of the kit I've seen & received feedback on doesn't go the distance unreliable.. sorry.
    Regards
    David
    Last edited by David_JAFO; 29-05-2016 at 07:09 PM. Reason: typo error

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    sorry Diviy I've seen these.. cheap tat. If your looking for a good quality PVC waterproof holdall go into one of the mountaineering stores similar priced much better quality North Face or Berghaus. I'm not impressed with Go Outdoors at all. I've been in their warehouse a few times & to me IMHO it's factory seconds, most of the kit I've seen & received feedback on doesn't go the distance unreliable.. sorry.
    Regards
    David
    What Go Outdoors do not sell factory seconds (without it being labelled as such) that is just pure utter nonsense.

They sell branded kit at good prices. What evidence have you got that they sell cheap tat? That is simply brand based snobbery. A lot of my recent kit has come from Go Outdoors... a Berghaus rucksack, a Mammut sleeping bag, a Edelrid climbing rope some Scarpa boots..........
    Last edited by CheddarMan; 31-05-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Go Outdoors do sell cheap tat and tut.

If you want proof just go in a store and look at what they sell. That said I have a couple of pairs of track suit bottoms for use when gardening...not be seen on the street wearing them though.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

So it sells a range of plastic oddities and a range of interesting comedy hats, but that does not mean "most of the kit" is rubbish. And to suggest it is factory seconds is slanderous.

Obviously they do a very robust range of tracksuit trousers

One with Nature
    hello,
    Mods if you are reading this thread I'm not entering a slanging match. Thanks rik_uk3 for your civil reply. I have been informed "By" Go Outdoors Warehouse near where I live of their product(s) as well as items having being returned direct to Berghaus which "were" identified as factory 2nds this goes for some other branded goods. "Never argue with an idiot.. they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by rik_uk3 View Post
    Go Outdoors do sell cheap tat and tut. If you want proof just go in a store and look at what they sell. That said I have a couple of pairs of track suit bottoms for use when gardening...not be seen on the street wearing them though.

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    Mods if you are reading this thread I'm not entering a slanging match. Thanks rik_uk3 for your civil reply. I have been informed "By" Go Outdoors Warehouse near where I live of their product(s) as well as items having being returned direct to Berghaus which "were" identified as factory 2nds this goes for some other branded goods. "Never argue with an idiot.. they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Regards
    David
    Well, if the mods are reading this, lets hope they have a better understanding of the concept of irony than you do!

Tell us who informed you then, "By" Go Outdoors Warehouse, was that the warehouse manager, the main stock checker or your mate who works in the canteen and has an axe to grind anyway? I reckon if a companies supplier messes up, then you can't blame the company can you, they even sent them back! You have said the OP should save their money and buy recognised brands, well Go Outdoors sell those brands. Are you suggesting that Go Outdoors is simply a way that big brands use to get rid of seconds and damaged stock?

Earlier it was your experience of going into the warehouse, now you have been told "By" them. What kit have you seen in your multiple warehouse visits that makes you think most of it was factory seconds? What condition was it in, because most stuff will have been in a box in the warehouse wouldn't it? Last night you had seen it in the warehouse, today you have been told they had one batch of seconds from Berghaus!

Now, I have no connection with Go Outdoors, but slating a whole, reputable and generally well regarded company on the basis of the sum total of absolutely nothing at all is bordering on slanderous!
    Last edited by CheddarMan; 01-06-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Quote Originally Posted by
    "Never argue with an idiot.. they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Last edited by Woody; 01-06-2016 at 07:11 PM. Reason: David-JAFO funny man

Hey chaps we all have and are entitled to, our own opinions, so don't be falling out over a mere difference of opinion! It's just not worth worrying about really.
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

One with Nature
    hello,
    Exactly...
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcrusher View Post
    Hey chaps we all have and are entitled to, our own opinions, so don't be falling out over a mere difference of opinion! It's just not worth worrying about really.