Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camping Equipment Checklist App

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Yep, that's what it looks like on my phone...

Thread Update

Just a quick update\amendment posting images of what the app looks like. This is something I should have done initially.

I apologise for the poor quality. I had to take the pictures using a camera because I currently can't plug my phone into the computer for a decent screen capture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	App Dashboard.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	13727   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Equipment List 1.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	13728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Equipment List 2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	13729  

Oh... It's supposed to show more than that. Something's gone wrong. I've just posted pictures of what the app should look like. Maybe there's something wrong with how I set my app up.

When you tap the grey bar, does it open showing 20 categories and do they open?

It'll be a few days before I can post a reply because tomorrow I'm off walking part of the West Highland Way.

Right on MtB! That's an app worth adding
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by MtB View Post
    I had to take the pictures using a camera because I currently can't plug my phone into the computer for a decent screen capture.
    FWIW: If you're on an Android phone you can press and hold the power and volume down buttons at the same time to take a screenshot on the phone. I'm not sure about other phones, but it works on my HTC.
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese Proverb

Unhappy

Has this app worked correctly for anyone who downloaded it, or is everyone having some kind of trouble with it, especially with the way it is graphically shown? See my photos of what it's supposed to look like. I'll play about with it later and see if I can move some things around and then repost the app.

Just to clarify:
    It was written in Android Studio 1.5.0 so maybe I didn't do something correctly there.

It should be compatible with Android Versions 4.0.3 (IceCreamSandwich) and above. I assume users who have Android 4.0.2 and less may have trouble, but there's really nothing in the code that should cause problems.

My Phone...
    Samsung GT-I9305 LTE with a screen size of 4.8” (1280x720) which has Android 4.4.4 (KitKat).

Also, sad now . No longer a Hobo... I liked being a Hobo.
    Last edited by MtB; 22-06-2016 at 10:13 AM.

App update

This is an updated version of my app.

Certain users were having trouble seeing the whole thing properly and could only see part of the dropdown menu and none of the Blurb options. Hopefully (fingers crossed) I've fixed it. The problem was that I apparently had put certain elements of the user interface in places where they shouldn't really be - even though it worked and looked fine on my phone's screen. Anyway...

If you are interested, you can download the app and test it. For some reason I can't upload a zipped version of it, so again, I've had to change the file's extension from .apk to .doc. The updated app is called - "NBC-Updated App-23June2016". If you download it be sure to change the file's extension back to .apk before trying to install\view it. Also, make sure you are able to install from unknown sources in your android's settings.

MtB
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    61 !! I'm 72 but I'm a real Bushcrafter and I downloaded a list onto my phone ages ago...Come on Rik do try to catch up....

Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Well said Saxonaxe LOL.

I'm a 61 year old 'geek', I love technology and embrace it but apps like this one seem pointless...the day I have to look to my phone to see if I've packed my gear will be the day I choose to move into a care home.

Not sent from a tapatalk pile of junk, sent from my i7 Microsoft Surface Pro 4
    Richard
    South Wales UK