Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wigwam Tarp Config

Wigwam Tarp Config

WARNING - Instructions in oriental characters (but the pictures are good!)

http://sotoekaki.blog133.fc2.com/blog-entry-222.html

Thought this may interest some of you.

I was thinking about a challenge. The first member to post a photo of them inside this setup. There's no prize other than the honour of being first!

Enjoy,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    My neighbours daughter Alice is going to translate for me.. & making me an origami model (homework) .
    Regards
    David

Looks good, haven't got that size but may be willing to buy one depending on peoples set ups ?

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    My neighbours daughter Alice is going to translate for me.. & making me an origami model (homework) .
    Regards
    David
    That sounds great David. Get her signed up onto the forum too!
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Quote Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
    Looks good, haven't got that size but may be willing to buy one depending on peoples set ups ?
    Not sure Alan if you're referring to the Tarp or origami model

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Not sure Alan if you're referring to the Tarp or origami model
    every one a comedian, lol

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    Regards
    David
    Good job. Look fwd to reading that..

Quote Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
    every one a comedian, lol
    Oh come on. A couple of these would look great with the origami version:-

They would, I had an attempt at going Bonsai once, was going well until a move North, they didn't take to the heat increase at all

The following translation was offered to me from my browser. Whilst not perfect, it does give more insight on how to set this up.....

This time I would like to introduce the tension way of tarp tipi that I devised. Tarp that you are using DD tarp XL is. DD Hammocks Japan actually this tipi type shelter, always of 3 × rather than a tarp in the square of 3m has been made ​​of the 3 × 4.5m rectangular tarp. Many people of Tsukai DD tarp in Muscle camp of events. Even from me it was just who our experts are accustomed Hari most people. However, for the first time Rashiku to watch this Hari how even in such a you or are using what tarp of DD Tarp? There was a person who go home to listen to such procedure of tension how the way pegs we use 12 in total. Bush craft basis to peg the local procurement of wood peg. 180cm of Paul I think that it is good if you use the fallen trees and branches before the spanned in the field when considering the tension how the tarp will create a first model, such as a photograph. You can also be the entrance to a full close. And, was a also a problem in considering the current new shelter say it was the next of such points. ● full closed to be able to tension side of the Bikufurai. ● The people there is a residence of about stand in such change of clothes in the middle. ● be strong in wind and rain, which is also the weakness of the shelter. ● construction is also relatively simple, should be noted and it is unmodified. In order tips that stretch well to hit the peg, A → B → C → D → E order in going to hit at will pentagon position from in the pole of about 180Cm ● to stand on the position of the fulcrum as it is the guy line of center rear and bring to feel that wind in it is possible to easily set-up. There is a height of approximately 180cm, there is a height that make the 170cm about the people in the room center. When I'll across the such as leather gloves at the tip of the pole when to launch a pole in I think that stand easily without damaging the fabric. Among There are enough for space to enter the cot + chair + luggage. ※ If you want to full-closed the entrance because of the ventilation Leave a little gap in the rear lower as shown in the photograph. And most of the points tarp tipi is very resistant to wind from any direction, in the tension side of the DD tarp is I think in most of the wind-resistant. But lazy I are a lot more of this style, but ... use tarp: DD Super Light tarp If you are interested by all means try but please look is in!