Thread: volunteer tester wanted

volunteer tester wanted

Looking for some one to try one of my home made slate sharpening stone to see there opinion on it they are about 125mm long 50mm wide and aboute 6mm thick a perfect size for use out in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    Looking for some one to try one of my home made slate sharpening stone to see there opinion on it they are about 125mm long 50mm wide and aboute 6mm thick a perfect size for use out in the field.
    I'll give it a bash, got a wedge shaped slate I use for honing all the time to compare with

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Brilliant offer!
    I'm up for that!
    I got a few knives that still need attention, I'd be happy to try your slate Gerry if you still looking?
    Cheers

Cool if you both sent me your address I will try and get them out early next week as I still need to send david his bits so I can do it all in one hit .

Pm sent.
    Thank you Gerry

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello Diviy,
    I good for Welsh slate I've got a supplier from Senghennyd thank you. That's a reasonable size for honing any blade I would imagine..
    Regards
    David

I haven`t forgotten guys just been laid up with the back they not far of done.Had my first day out today with the Mrs to local forest for a half hour walk picked up some Loverly
    punkwood to char up .

Gerry

Mate, no worries it really is no hurry.

Glad to hear you were out today!

Enjoy bud!

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello Diviy,
    How's the Welsh slate honing stones coming along? I picked up a nodule other day from an "over spill" (ahem) from a bag of Welsh slate chuckies for ornamental paving use that was sitting outside Homebase (the birds much have pecked a hole innit).. some spit & a short strop produced a nice slurry paste I sharpened a SAK as a demo. I hope you had a great trip in TGO look forward to hearing of your travels.
    Regards
    David