Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plant id help pleas

Quote Originally Posted by Hushwing View Post
    The guidebooks suggested are very good but Francis Rose is considered THE book but is quite hard to follow to start off with (mainly because of the botanical terminology).
    agreed. It is a bit intimidating at first.
    using keys does require a bit of knowledge, terminology etc but it has a good introduction in it and a full glossary. If your wanting. to learn your botany it has everything you need.
    that said I wouldn't recommend dichotomous keys as the way to get into botany. mainly cause it sucks the fun out of it until you've got a good handle on it!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Plant id help pleas

Sorry internet been down, grooved and hairy, no purple spots or that nasty mousey smell that hemlock gives off, havent touched more than a leaf on the plant yet as didnt want to get it wrong, by the leaves its not giant hogweed, just bounght a book on amazon, national trust wid food. I do have the collins gem ffod for free, but its not very clear on photograpic description with these plants. Will take closer pics tomorrow. Cheers for all the info so far

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Bump.. giant hog weed http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...Giant-Hog-Weed
    Regards
    David

Trapper
    That's absolutely NOT Hemlock. The leaves are nothing like it. Not Giant Hogweed either - too small and the leaves are all wrong. Looks like Cow Parsley (Wild Chervil) to me.
    Last edited by Geoff Dann; 23-05-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Have since discovered it is indeed cow parsley, thanks for eveyones input

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk