Thread: Asda folding saw

Asda folding saw

Picked one up for £3.75
    superb cutting tool used it on hard wood this week perfect cut, comfy handle, good safety clip system
    hop to give it a good outing over the next few weeks and will report back.
    But for a folding saw under £4.00 I can not fault it at all

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello Diviy,
    I've still got a Lidl folder & that's still going strong. I GAW a spare to a NBCUK forum member sometime ago. Keep the community posted on your Asda folding saw trials, it's always good to hear how these tools stand up to the rigours of Bushcraft use.
    Regards
    David

Popped into my local store last week but could only find the fixed blade saw with sheath, at under 4 quid I though why not, had it out on the weekend and worked well, good blade and cuts well, the plastic handle looks dubious so not sure how long it will last but I figure even if it disintegrates I've still got a decent saw blade left I can adapt/modify for the price of a pint (ish)

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    I've seen these blades being modified by Bushcrafters plastic replaced with wooden handles.
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Happyhanger View Post
    Popped into my local store last week but could only find the fixed blade saw with sheath, at under 4 quid I though why not, had it out on the weekend and worked well, good blade and cuts well, the plastic handle looks dubious so not sure how long it will last but I figure even if it disintegrates I've still got a decent saw blade left I can adapt/modify for the price of a pint (ish)

Had this for a while know it is superb cuts any type of wood wet ,hardwood ,wet wood where my bow saw struggles this saw just slices the wood all in all got to give 10 out of 10

Mine hasn't left the garage yet. Or its packaging.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    Had this for a while know it is superb cuts any type of wood wet ,hardwood ,wet wood where my bow saw struggles this saw just slices the wood all in all got to give 10 out of 10
    They are OK for what they are but if your bow saw can't beat it...you need a new bow saw IMHO
    Richard
    South Wales UK

Hobo
    Im in Spain at moment and just picked one up from Lidl,,we'll see how it fares when i get back,cost about the same in euros

Hobo
    was going to upload picture of saw, but says file is to large