Thread: Can you help? Looking for general advice and campfire wisdom on camping, etc..

Can you help? Looking for general advice and campfire wisdom on camping, etc..

For a while now I've been creating an Android app which was supposed to be a basic camping checklist for my own use, but it expanded way beyond the basics to some sort of "ultimate" camping checklist with 20 categories.

Part of the app is a page entitled "Words Of Wisdom", and this is a collection helpful hints, general advice, cheats, hacks, and campfire wisdom on how to make camping, survivalism, and travelling a bit easier.

The app is 99% complete, and I'm hoping you can submit such titbits to bring it nearer to completion. Your advice can be about anything, from one-liners to paragraphs. To break the monotony, even humor is appreciated. I've currently got about 78-or-so entries (which seems to work out to be nine pages of a regular Microsoft Word Document), and I want more. If there is already a page with that sort of stuff here on NaturalBushCraft, could someone point me to it?

Attached to this post is a .doc file containing the entries I have.

I'm thinking that whatever information is posted here will be added, and the app will essentially complete the app, and I'll then post it here for praise, ridicule, and other corrections, comments and suggestions.

Thanks to any respondents.
    MtB
    Attached Files Attached Files

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    I've had a read what I see IMO is your maybe trying to create a condensed survival manual. I wouldn't criticise or ridicule anyone. I would advise from the outset to create such a document you should have firstly "the experience & knowledge" first hand asking someone to proof read what you have written. Maybe add a disclaimer include an introduction at the beginning of the document. Have a read at a Survival manual how it is laid out in sections Shelter, Fire, Water & Food, leave the acronyms to the end with the index of what your researching. If your adding quotes or other quirks, you could add them as page footers quotations. I'm not ridiculing you in anyway. I can see what your trying to achieve. I've got 34 years+ survival escape & evasion techniques training (trained by the best) under my belt both trainee student & instructor & I'm still on a learning curve.
    As Morecambe & Wise once said "I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
    Regards
    David

One with Nature
    hello,
    Bump.. I knew someone had posted similar on the forum. http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...-Aide-Mémoires
    Regards
    David

Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

One with Nature
    hello,
    Not a problem.
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by MtB View Post
    Thanks for the link I'll check it out.