Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Inner Tube - How Many Uses?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Not a facetious comment here, but why would you want a cover for the sound moderator on your air rifle?

Martin
    I think he meant if you don't have a sound moderator on your rifle (most sold in Canada don't), you can use a partially installed 'rubber' on your muzzle to act as one.

Hobo
    A bit of inner tube over a moderator (gun NOT forum variety!) will reduce glare/reflections and in some cases cut down a little more resonance, as well as protecting the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by MartiniDave View Post
    A bit of inner tube over a moderator (gun NOT forum variety!) will reduce glare/reflections and in some cases cut down a little more resonance, as well as protecting the finish.
    exactly what i was about to type.
    "There's enough in this world for everyones need, but not enough for everyone greed"
    Ghandi

"only when the last tree has burned, the last fish has been caught, the last river poisoned, will we realise we cannot eat money"

Use them for storing dehydrated water? At 1kg per litre, it really saves on weight and pack size.

Martin
    I'm surprised no one actually said anything about this. lol

If your in a jam (or you just like being tight-both financially and abdominally) you can replace your worn out belt with one I guess.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Hobo
    crazysaint222

Use them for storing dehydrated water? At 1kg per litre, it really saves on weight and pack size.

Martin
    I'm surprised no one actually said anything about this. lol

If your in a jam (or you just like being tight-both financially and abdominally) you can replace your worn out belt with one I guess.

I was going to, but don't like to encourage the promotion of dehydrated water. I've found it to be over priced and unreliable so no longer recommend it!

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartiniDave View Post
    I was going to, but don't like to encourage the promotion of dehydrated water. I've found it to be over priced and unreliable so no longer recommend it!
    I can understand your point of view of this Dave but the Irish economy is going through a particularly hard patch at the moment and, being our nearest European neighbour and trading partner, I think it's only fair that we support this important natural resource, even if you have fundamental ethical issues with the actual dehydration process.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Wait one moment...What exactly is dehydrated water?

Robb
    Every mile on a river takes you further from home than every hundred miles on a road.

I hope thats a birchbark canoe in your pocket.... - I guess i should give some credit to Metal Mug

Air. Lol

Ha good one mike, lol. But seriously what is it?

Robb
    Every mile on a river takes you further from home than every hundred miles on a road.

I hope thats a birchbark canoe in your pocket.... - I guess i should give some credit to Metal Mug

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    i can understand your point of view of this dave but the irish economy is going through a particularly hard patch at the moment and, being our nearest european neighbour and trading partner, i think it's only fair that we support this important natural resource, even if you have fundamental ethical issues with the actual dehydration process.

Martin
    stop it.