Thread: A good shot, a good start to the spring + King Alfred provides cakes again...

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle

A good shot, a good start to the spring + King Alfred provides cakes again...

Me and my little man went to spend the afternoon in one of our local woods .
    Plenty of space for dog walk and bow and arrow practice.
    Also my little secret stash of ash (wood) and it's perks. King Alfred cakes make excellent tinder and there's always plenty here... Every year so far.
    Also a great concentration of ransoms , which will be coming up soon (wild garlic) judging by the first bluebell shoots.
    The little man is getting better and better at Archery and me and Ozzy the dog get our bit of exercise..
    Music written by little man ( with a little help) and performed by me too...

Anyway all in all brilliant day, came back home and made veggie soup with all the leftovers from week, and delicious it was too...

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle

A good shot, a good start to the spring + King Alfred provides cakes again...

https://youtu.be/tvCd8RSiWVA

Hope this thread fits here...
    Please feel free to move it accordingly.
    Last edited by Woody; 04-04-2016 at 01:34 PM.

"If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.