Thread: Wild camping sites east/north yorkshire

Alone in the Wilderness

Wild camping sites east/north yorkshire

Hi all,

I'm new to this site (it looks great by the way!) and looking forward to learning about getting off the beaten track in this gorgeous country of ours.

I am a teacher with 4 amazing children, one of whom is all grown up and gone off to have adventures of her own.

I'm trying my hardest to keep my kids away from screens and phones and try to get outside with them as much as possible.

I really want to start 'wild camping' with them this year. We've been camping a lot but have struggled the last couple of years to find anywhere where we can even make a fire that isn't in a brazier or using logs bought from the farmer!

Does anybody know of any good camping/ adventure spots in the Hull/East Riding/ North Yorkshire area for us to cut our teeth on? It would be great to find some new stomping ground to explore and hopefully pitch up a tent and teach the kids how to make a fire.

Any pointers/ advice would be gratefully received.

Hi and welcome.

A bit further up the road but still not too far imho is Brockwell Woods, a great spot 7 miles from Newcastle, been there a few times and ticks all your boxs.

I second bopdude there! Brockwell would be a great starter spot for you!
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?