I was pining for a larger Swiss army knife, namely one of the Wenger Ranger Wood, for a long time. They where expensive and I just could not justify it.
and then it was too late...they went out of production, and finding one in Norway at a price I could afford was next to impossible.

So I went for the next best thing. A Wenger Ranger Grip 78. The Wenger Ranger Grip 78 has a straight edge blade, saw, and the usual assortment of screw drivers and bottle openers...and more importantly, a phillips screw driver head instead of a cork screw as i do not like grape juice...uh...sorry...wine.

What I recieved in the mail was the ranger grip 178, since they did not have the 78 in stock. And refund on shipping costs, as compensation.

I do not like serrated edges, but ok, the tool I needed was the saw, the knife would just be used for cutting ropes, and opening hot dog bags.

The tool.
You can see on the picture what tools there is.

I have had it for a year know, and the saw is quite usefull for small tasks. Only for cutting branches thin enough to use that saw for, it is quicker to use the knife blade :-)
The knife holds the edge well, and has kept very sharp. And all tools and blades still look pristine after a year on the belt of my bush walking pants, including partaking in
training with the SAR group, also on salt water (we cooperate with the local rescue boat crew for beach searches).

Thats the positives side of things.

I hate the feel of it in my hand. All multitools are slightly uncomfotable to use due to their design. But this also feels plasticy. The plastic grip simply lack the feel of a sollid tool, and that makes the whole tool feel cheap in the hand.

That said, it will still sit in my belt until it actually falls appart or I lose it. It is a handy tool, and not as heavy as my Leatherman Supertool III that would be my alternative.