Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on a light one man tent

Suggestions on a light one man tent

Hi Guys,

Looking for suggestions on a light one man tent that can cover my gear and allow a little movement inside ( im 6'2" & 220lbs ) thats not going to cost a fortune

J

At your height and build you really really really need a two person tent; its not a big increase in weight and you'll be thankful of the space when stuck inside when the weather is bad.

Whats your budget?
    Richard
    South Wales UK

I was hoping to pay about £100 as want some other stuff aswell and wanted something that I could use if weather was bad and needed to take down wet. The shelter outside could hold my backpack and might have a dog with me on occasions and dont want her inside as she would be trying to get into the bag with me.

You might want to check www.backpackinglight.co.uk as they have reasonably priced lightweight tents and the review videos are thorough and honest. Bob the owner is also on the tall side and checks suitability for this.

Trapper
    Beautiful North Yorkshire Coast - love it
    I always think of Vango when it comes to tents in that price range, definitely want a two man as Rick says
    On a planet that increasingly resembles one huge Maximum Security prison, the only intelligent choice is to plan a jail break.

Robert Anton Wilson

Coleman Cobra 2. I think they are better value than the Vango at similar price ranges. The Cobra is only £70 on Amazon. There is plenty of room, two porches and room for a dog!

Name:  31VNaRLNm0L._SY300_.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  6.0 KB

Just spent the weekend on Dartmoor in my Wild Country Coshee 2. Another good tent but nearly twice the weight of my Sil Peak from backpackiglight.co.uk

I've got a Golite Hex 3 which I've not used for a few years. I'm going to check it all over and it will be up for sale.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

My decision is made as just received a present of this OEX Lynx EV I man Backpacking Tent, its a bit small but reckon it will be ok.

I am amazed that tents are still made that require the inner to go up first, to be covered in a fly sheet and not everything up all in one go.

Anyway, you will be nice and snug in there! You haven't left much space if you pull have you?