Thread: Lightweight Backpacking

Lightweight Backpacking

Just back from Nepal having spent a little over 3 weeks there having traveled out with about 25kg divided into 2 bags, my porter carrier 20kg and I carried 5kg on my back for most of our hikes. I felt it so ironic that I was well kitted out with base layers and fleeces and quick dry clothes and good boots and my porter was setting the pace in flip flops and jeans, I dont think he even had a slee[ing bag.

Anyway the moral of my story was I definately brought to much stuff. :-)

It's a western society disease I fear Cabot - we all have too much stuff - a lesson to be learnt for all of us from your porter methinks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbear View Post
    It's a western society disease I fear Cabot - we all have too much stuff - a lesson to be learnt for all of us from your porter methinks
    me the classic consumer with dreams of living a natural life but buying me way into it, so little of this gear is neccessary lol
    Last edited by jus_young; 12-03-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Cabot, could you please read the forum guidelines on acceptable language within posts. Thanks

Alone in the Wilderness
    Hi, You should check out this list as a reference. I bought the Osprey Farpoint about 5 months ago only used it once but it made such a difference on the shoulders. Really recommend this bag. Here's the list of top 5 backpacks of 2016