Thread: Looking for wild camping areas in the north east, yorkshire and surrounding areas

Alone in the Wilderness

Looking for wild camping areas in the north east, yorkshire and surrounding areas

i Have looked all over the internet and haven't been able to find any solid Wild Camping spots and i was wondering if anyone fancied giving me a few tips.

Ol 27
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Alone in the Wilderness
    any specifics?

Depends on how wild you want to get, where are you ? I'm in Stockton on Tees.

Oh, and welcome to the

Alone in the Wilderness
    im also near by and as wild as possible, no sites preferred but anywhere is fine just no regular campsites.

Start off by walking in an area, get to know land owners and managers. It'll take you a few years of solid graft helping out around the place usually but as I'm sure Bopdude will agree totally worth it. Was for me at least other than that you're looking at Scotland for camping in wild areas

Alone in the Wilderness
    thats what im trying to do right now but i have considered Scotland its just a bit of a trek.

Brockwell up in blaydon is a really good site for wild camping. Maybe not truly wild. But a close approximation, and Steph and Ike the owners are lovely people

Yep, agree with Mick. and a plus 1 to Brockwell, domesticated wild camping or there's coastal, been looking at Runswick Bay area in particular, does all depend on a few things, how many, how long, mode of sleeping etc

How about the woods around "sheepwash" reservoir near Osmotherly?
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?