Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom bushy/necker seeks new home

Custom bushy/necker seeks new home

Made by myself, little bushcraft/neck knife in 410 surgical. Scandi ground 3"(ish) blade hardened to 57 hrc and near mirror polished. Brass bolster and mosaic pins polished up. Handle is oiled high figure curly birch with black fiber liners

Deep cut jimping on the spine with a slight right handed caste.

Made it as a custom for a chap that decided he wanted spalted birch not curly, seemed a shame to chuck it so I finished it and offered it up here. Good solid little handmade for someone.

I know what you're thinking "you can't sell as a maker here" well, I'm not selling it, in the spirit of bushcraft I'm giving it away

So who wants this for free? Ideally for a newbie or someone that otherwise wouldn't have a handmade but so long as someone will make use of it I'm glad to give it to you

NB this is being supplied knife only, no sheath.

Disclaimer: I am selling this item as a private seller and this sale is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators. I promise to use this area to sell unwanted kit, not to repeatedly list similar items in the pursuit of profit

Samuel Hearne
    That is a very nice looking tool that anyone would like and very good of you to offer it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    That is a very nice looking tool that anyone would like and very good of you to offer it up.
    Cheers Ian. Figured someone may as well have it. I have more knives than I can use and only ever do custom work so a stock knife wouldn't sell through my usual channels

Samuel Hearne
    I would like it myself but I also have lots of different knives SWMBO just said that she would like it please.
    Last edited by ian c; 02-03-2016 at 08:55 PM.

I'd love a neck knife if it's still up for grabs please?
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Sorry ehecatl, looks like Ian's missus got in there first mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    I would like it myself but I also have lots of different knives SWMBO just said that she would like it please.
    You have a pm mate

Trapper
    Beautiful North Yorkshire Coast - love it
    Looks great and very kind of you
    On a planet that increasingly resembles one huge Maximum Security prison, the only intelligent choice is to plan a jail break.

Robert Anton Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Silkhi View Post
    Looks great and very kind of you
    Cheers mate. I toyed with keeping it but I have too many lol

thats awesome buddy.. firstly amazing looking knife, and secondly for giving it away..

i really like your style as a knife maker, how much do you usually charge for a custom neck knife? - iv literally just paid a bomb for a knife off another maker, but will be after a necker in the future