Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car frustration

It is the H&K G3-F1 chambered for 7.62x51 NATO, standard rifle back in my day. The F1 is for the folding stock, since we where mechanized inf...easier to get that long gun in and out of the APC's
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Looked familiar. Good fire power from a handy size weapon..

Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    Looked familiar. Good fire power from a handy size weapon..
    And fun to shoot too, just the wrong weapon for the mission we were at. I.e peacekeeping in rural areas. We constantly worried that if we had to use it to take out some lunatic
    the rounds would go straight trough both him and the the building behind and maybe hit some kid playing in the next block. Only drivers, medics and officers had side arms or SMGs (MP-5),
    the rest of us carried these hand cannons...luckilly it never came to that for me on that mission.

On the other hand...they where quite a deterrant too, he he...
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    The eternal problems mate, over penetration in built up areas, and also trying to play by the rules when the opposition don't have any rules...

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Works the same here. Also the independents will put in used parts if you provide it yourselves. Done that for things like broken tail lights etc...
    And it would still cost ‎£90???
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    And it would still cost ‎£90???

70 for the (sit down for this one), USED parts, 20£ for P&P. Welcome to Norway.
    (Roald Amundsen)

70 for the (sit down for this one), USED parts, 20£ for P&P. Welcome to Norway.
    Oh......my.....Stars!!!!!

For a piece of 'freakin PLASTIC??????? Ye Gods, that's highway robbery!
    I think my mother paid $40 to replace her clutch pedal platform - that was 3 or 4 years ago, but still, ‎£70 is absurd!

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Oh......my.....Stars!!!!!

For a piece of 'freakin PLASTIC??????? Ye Gods, that's highway robbery!
    I think my mother paid $40 to replace her clutch pedal platform - that was 3 or 4 years ago, but still, ‎£70 is absurd!
    I could go to Sweden and get it for 40£ but I do not want to cross the mountains in a car with a duct taped gas pedal...and if the weather turns while we are
    on the Swedish side, we are stuck, as they will close the pass...

I could order it online, but txes, VAT and freight will kill the deal...no way to win.
    (Roald Amundsen)

I could go to Sweden and get it for 40£ but I do not want to cross the mountains in a car with a duct taped gas pedal...and if the weather turns while we are
    on the Swedish side, we are stuck, as they will close the pass...

I could order it online, but txes, VAT and freight will kill the deal...no way to win.
    Well that sure SUCKS

~ Abraham Lincoln

~ Cody Lundin

It was minus 15*C when this happened by the way. I was able to duct tape the floor end of the pedal to the floor, over the hinge. ANd with the floor mat over the tape on the floor it actuall stays in place...just have to be carefull and not use to much force on it. At least able to get the wife to work, drive to the supermarket etc until I get the parts.

But to make the duct thape stick I had to clean the pedal and the floor. Water was out of the question as that would freeze on contact, and couse condensation problems in the car...beleive me, you want a dry car interior in the winter (so I keep a sock filled with cat litter sand in the car to suck up moisture).

Anyway so the other thing I have is plenty of methylated spirits...thank the gods I am a bushcrafter lol. That stuff will clean, and evaporate quickly, before it could freeze.
    But it was as cold as the air, as it had been sitting in the shed all winter. So inside, and placed the bottle on the heated floor in the bath room to warm up to at least room temperature.

While I waited for the meths to heat up, I started the car and put the heater on, as well as my electric cabin heater.

Once the car was warmish, the meths where ready, so gave the pedal and the floor a good cleaning, and heated the pedal itslf wit my wifes hair drier, and then duct taped the pedal to the floor, and put the mat over the duct tape on the floor to help it stay. Been driving like that for a few days now, no probs :-)
    (Roald Amundsen)