Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for flint 2016

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Woody sounds awesome BTW. I'd love to see an image of the axe head. If you have a steel striker give it a bash Quartz throws sparks too. If you do find flint let me know & maybe do a deal on costs/postage etc..
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    The axe head is still in his "treasure" box with a load of quartz , agate , fossils and all sorts of "artefacts " that he keeps finding...
    (He's waiting for me to .make him a shelf/display cabinet thing... It's on the to do list.but that's another story.)
    It looks like just pure iron ore looking at the axe head, magnetic and heavy as you like. .
    He's really proud of that one.
    As for the flint , we'll start collecting the stuff this weekend and we ll send you a load when the box is full...
    Cheers

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    Woody sounds awesome BTW. I'd love to see an image of the axe head. If you have a steel striker give it a bash Quartz throws sparks too. If you do find flint let me know & maybe do a deal on costs/postage etc..
    Regards
    David
    Sure thing will try and strike it , but doesn't the steel have to be somehow fandangled to some RC something or other? Like carbon rich or something???
    Anyhow will take a picture and post it here tomorrow as it's getting late now.

As for postage no worries sir, it's on me... It's the least a "civy" can do for a veteran gentleman like yourself, who most likely devoted half his life to serving our nation. And more than likely have put your life on the line, many a time , for our benefit.

Besides it's time for me to give back to this community, as I've watched video after video and downloaded a number of books and booklets of information here! For free!!!!!

Oh and it's for a good cause.

I ll ask you for an address when the box is full...

Thanks for the tip that quartz Sparks too!!! See.... We learn something everyday...
    And on here learn lots of things every day....

Pictures of the "axehead" are on photo albums on my profile page...

Here I thinks http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...php?9620-Woody

Feel free to comment, as I'm not even 100% sure it's and axe head...

It's heavy and it sticks to magnets.... So it must be steel . ?

One with Nature
    hello,
    Thanks Woody for the images. If I were you, I'd see if I could find more details maybe the history of the axe head, you never know, where there's one there could be other finds. I don't see myself as a 'Veteran' or use such to gain anything "the best job I ever had" as the saying goes. I'm proud to have served my country, travelled, made the best friends I ever had in the process. I'll pay you or as a previous NBCUK trade make a donation to any charity as recompense. Quartz (agate) throws sparks again with quartz not all agates like so are hot it's a kind of hit or a miss (pardon the pun.. not intended).
    Regards
    David

Sure thing will try and strike it , but doesn't the steel have to be somehow fandangled to some RC something or other? Like carbon rich or something??? Anyhow will take a picture and post it here tomorrow as it's getting late now. As for postage no worries sir, it's on me... It's the least a "civy" can do for a veteran gentleman like yourself, who most likely devoted half his life to serving our nation. And more than likely have put your life on the line, many a time , for our benefit.
    Besides it's time for me to give back to this community, as I've watched video after video and downloaded a number of books and booklets of information here! For free!!!!!
    Oh and it's for a good cause. I ll ask you for an address when the box is full...

Hello David JAFO.
    Lots of flint ready. Please check your messages.
    Regards

One with Nature
    hello,
    Woody checked & PM sent.
    Regards
    David

Hello David JAFO.
    Lots of flint ready. Please check your messages.
    Regards