Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damascus bushy work in progress

Damascus bushy work in progress

Just thought I'd share this. Totally different to my normal style but I like how it's going so far. First time I've made mosaic pins too so something new that I've enjoyed doing

Handle has been shaped more and oiled now. Doesn't seem to photograph too well but in person the mahogany really pops with the oil

Wow, that's looking good mate, your keeping busy I see

Quote Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
    Wow, that's looking good mate, your keeping busy I see
    Thanks Al! Hard to resist the urge to braze a bolster on there because it's the first I've made without one. Overall I'm pleased with how it's turned out and so is the customer

Quote Originally Posted by mick91 View Post
    Thanks Al! Hard to resist the urge to braze a bolster on there because it's the first I've made without one. Overall I'm pleased with how it's turned out and so is the customer
    Horses for courses mate, as long as they're happy

Quote Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
    Horses for courses mate, as long as they're happy
    Aye that's true mate. Going to a really nice lad too went through every aspect of design with him and it's gone really smoothly start to finish. And since I don't charge much it means people are happy to try out some more exotic materials, it's a win win situation!

That looks absolutely amazing Mick!!

Quote Originally Posted by beermaker View Post
    That looks absolutely amazing Mick!!
    Thank ye kindly beermaker. A lot of work but ultimately worth it I think. And I've proved they don't have to cost the earth!

Makes me wonder if the sword 'Serpent Breath' in Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Tales series with Uhtred was a damascus type. You just 'gotta love the cool shapes in the steel....well-done .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Makes me wonder if the sword 'Serpent Breath' in Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Tales series with Uhtred was a damascus type. You just 'gotta love the cool shapes in the steel....well-done .
    Thank you! Personally I prefer Damascus when it isn't etched quite so deep, but the customer wanted a real mirror on black etch sothats what he got! I have to admit I do like it and think the mosaic pins will come into play more often in my work from now on