Thread: So what's the loot!

So what's the loot!

I got dutch oven from my folks, and some water proof bags for electronics etc.
    Else it was the usual assortment of socks, candy, etc...
    Our youngest gave me precious painting to hang on the wall (he is 5), and
    from the wife...she decided I needed new clothes this year, so i am dressed from top to toe...in whatever she
    thinks I will look good in...that I will never wear...lol
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Some realtree joggers and slippers have to be the best! A few duck commander duck calls, a new reloading press and several varieties of high proof liquors from my fine lady Steph. In a very happy man!

A vacuum packing system to go with my food dehydrator

Lucky Rude - your dutch oven wish was fulfilled!
    “If the apple won't fall - go shake the tree.”
    ― Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Ichneumon View Post
    Lucky Rude - your dutch oven wish was fulfilled!
    Yup :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

LL Bean boots, original uninsulated, 10 inch-ers - those I was gifted in advance (November). Shoepac design, just like my winter Sorels, only these are the original of that design. Lovely boots - their waterproofing ability was put to the test recently as I made a 11.5 mile trek up to the tallest height in my area (Pine Mtn, summit 997 ft/304 m) on Yule. Several brooks to cross, some rather deep, but my feet remained un-soaked .

I was also gifted two books, one of them I am really enjoying: Ranger Confidential: Living, Working, and Dying in the National Parks, by Andrea Lankford. Highly recommend for anyone else interested in becoming a NPS employee.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

I got a pack of Uni-Com 3 LED Light Bulb Pack http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/2907462.htm. I saw these in use recently hung under a tarp. They come with their own mini karabina and emit a decent amount of light for going to bed.

I also got a Karrimoor 45l dry bag. I'd spotted this at less than half price before Christmas but it was "confiscated" post purchase by Mrs Ehecatl and returned on the 25th.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Really good book on bush craft cooking off my mum and a set of rechargeable beard clippers off the wife so I can always look splendid!!

Samuel Hearne
    SWMBO got me a down duvet so I can use the down to refill my 58 pattern sleeping bag and still have plenty left over for other projects.

I got a Ganzo G727M folding knife. $20ish AU from China, 440C, Axis lock. Exceptional quality for a cheap knife, came hair popping sharp. New EDC.