Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: still trying to get out and about..

Still not getting out. Searching for ground now so hopefully not too long before I can get some food in the freezer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Have not hunted in years. Want to take up Ptarmigan and hare shooting again, but my health is preventing that. So fishing it is then.
    My cousin on the other hand lives and breathes shooting. He must have bagged 10-15 foxes so far this season. All suffering from scabies, and would not have survived the winter. He also shoots a lot of geese. Both species taken down with a .222 rifle. Got a couple of his geese in the freezer :-)

Here in Norway the .22LR is the smallest caliber allowed for hunting. Air rifles are illegal for that. ANd the .22LR can only be used for animals up to the size of a hare (but is also illegal of hare).
    thats interesting mate, and i really hope improved health gets you out hunting soon. i use a .243 for deer and foxes... had a couple of foxes this year on the lamp however there arnt too many causing me problems so far.. will be a different story when lambing season starts later in the year though!

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Still not getting out. Searching for ground now so hopefully not too long before I can get some food in the freezer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hope you get sorted soon mate

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcrusher View Post
    I hope 2017 brings you better health and lots more outdoors activity Shepherd!
    thanks mate... doing ok so far *touch wood*!

Working on it. But it's hard when your body stab you in the guts you every time you start to get some strength back. But I refuse to start the year by whining! (Which I just did)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

I'm just back from my first one of the year near Ashby de la Zouch. For some reason, someone mentioned having to have a belated Christmas Dinner. So we did. Veg on the pressure cooker, roast spuds in the dutch oven and the turkey/pheasant/stuff/pigs in blankets were done by the landlord's Mrs at home and brought over. We even had crackers (the type you pull and biscuits for cheese). We had a superb Christmas fruit cake for pud with hot custard laced with a touch of rum for good measure!

Can't wait for the next one!
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.