Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder scout clone?

Pathfinder scout clone?

im a big fan of Dave Canterbury's pathfinder scout knife, love the roach belly trade knife style.. but i hate the price...

has anyone made any clones of them? or know of any for sale? if the price was right id like to have one in my collection.

Shep.

Im also a huge fan of the PFS , its a little to pricey for me though. Blind Horse Knives ( now battle horse knives , who make the pathfinder scout ) still have some old knives in stock that they aren't making any more . This is the closest i could find and its a lot less expensive than the scout. http://5-starr-knives-cutlery.myshop...her-hip-sheath .
    ''The man who goes afoot, prepared to camp anywhere and in any weather, is the most independent fellow on earth.'' - Horace Kephart

''The more you know, The less you have to carry. The less you know, the more you have to carry.'' -Mors Kochanski

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Im also a huge fan of the PFS , its a little to pricey for me though. Blind Horse Knives ( now battle horse knives , who make the pathfinder scout ) still have some old knives in stock that they aren't making any more . This is the closest i could find and its a lot less expensive than the scout. http://5-starr-knives-cutlery.myshop...her-hip-sheath .
    thats a cool knife.. i fell in love with the sheer beef of the scout... looks fairly bomb proof... iv ended up having a replica made by mark hill.. a very good knife maker over here.. with different scales etc to suit my tastes... ill make sure you see some pics when i get it bro!

Shep

I'd love to see it , I've wanted a pathfinder scout for a while now but its way too expensive for me , i could get like 2 LT wrights for the price of the PFS but I'm sure its worth every penny. How much did the replica end up costing you ? I checked out his work and he makes some beautiful knives , i just wish he had more in stock.
    ''The man who goes afoot, prepared to camp anywhere and in any weather, is the most independent fellow on earth.'' - Horace Kephart

''The more you know, The less you have to carry. The less you know, the more you have to carry.'' -Mors Kochanski

he posts alot on here.. seems to have a long waiting list and thus doesnt hold alot of stock.. can see alot of his work on his facebook page... ill let you know how much i paid when i get it and post pics....

Alone in the Wilderness
    Look at the Gary Wines model manufactured by L.T. Wright (the other half of the dissolved Blind Horse Knife Company). But it is not cheap either.

Plenty of French Trader Roach Belly reproductions for sale out there, albeit the blades are on the thin side.
    Last edited by MASC1104; 10-01-2016 at 02:16 AM.

i havnt seen the gary wines model mate, but i have seen the thinner reproductions, i want as close to a 'one tool option' as possible - what the scout was intended for, thats why i decided to pay abit more and get a good maker to re-create me one... ill def check out the model you mentioned though, thanks for the heads up.

Alone in the Wilderness
    You're welcome.

Here is the Gary Wines model

https://ltwrightknives.com/gary-wines-knives.html

Thanks again.

Alone in the Wilderness
    Also check out the Jeff White selection at the Pathfinder School store. A few are quite close to the PFS, but with a more classic look.

http://www.selfrelianceoutfitters.co...sort=pricedesc