After the catastrophic but quite funny failure of yet another item of expensive kit on a trip to Norfolk back in the Summer, I returned to tried and trusted cheap but highly functional kit for sleeping on. I had a brief affair with one of those thermal insulated air mats, a ThermaRest? or something like that anyway, over £100 and apparently highly rated..Mmmm? I wonder how many nights a year the people doing the rating actually used it? Anyway, after less than a year the glued internal seams failed in spite of my stowing it flat etc: between usages. It looked like a mishapen space Monster, a great bubble in the middle with flat edges all round..
Back to the kip mat and military quality uninsulated air bed. This combination works for me just fine but needs tweaking to stop nightime wrestling sessions when the air bed wanders off the kip mat....So I thought I'd post my solution which solves all the problems..

Thermal backed kip mat and 25mm elastic from the sewing shop (sorry Sir, we only have white) plus the mighty Gorilla Tape..Inflate bed, lay on kip mat, mark and cut small slots in mat...

The system works fine and the mat, bed and elastic are lighter than the duff, expensive bed anyway...