Thread: Berghaus Dart 45 Rucksack. Vintage? Information Required if possible. Thanks :)

Alone in the Wilderness

Berghaus Dart 45 Rucksack. Vintage? Information Required if possible. Thanks :)

Hello all!

I'm new to this member (sorry if there's an introduction part, I couldn't find it, let me know and I'll post in it).

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows about the Berghaus Dart 45 Rucksack.

I've got one that's olive green, with a main compartment, 2 side pockets (one with a small zip compartment on the outside of it), top lid pocket and front pocket.

The Berghaus logo and Dart 45 logo is on the lid under the lid pocket.

I've tried browsing the net the last couple of days with no luck. There's odd one for sale on eBay and other sites and their mentioned in various threads and forums by name only. There isn't much information out there for them!

Ive put pics up in an album on my profile. I can't upload them to threads from my phone.

Hopefully some one could help.

Thanks in advance

RyanE

What is it you want to know, Ryan?
    If you've got one already then surely you can look at it/put it on/give it a test, etc, for yourself?

If you're wondering whether it's a 'good' pack or not then Berghaus do have a good reputation. That, of course, doesn't mean it's a good pack for you (and since you have one, you can easily decide that for yourself) anymore than a 'bad' pack is bad for anyone in particular.

Fill it up, put it on, go out for a good walk with it, etc. I'm sure that will answer any questions you have.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Alone in the Wilderness
    Thank you for the reply Humakt,

I should of been a bit more clear with what I wanted to know. I've just noticed how open the question itself I asked seems!

It's a good pack and I intend to use it, and give it a good trial run. It needs a bit of restoration, but its not in the material itself, just clips and etc. And mebs a good wash and some waterproofing put on so it's sorted for maybe light downpours.

I was wondering if anyone knows the era it's from as I know there old packs. 80s, 90s? And if it was a popular pack in it's era. I know a few of the popular and not so popular packs in the Berghaus range from the late 90s, till to date roughly. But other than the name mentioned here and there, I've not heard much on the Dart packs. If there's any noticeable points in the packs history?

I know it's a long shot! And it's not something most people keep track of other than the kit they use! But I'm interested I guess.

Once again thanks for the reply

Alone in the Wilderness
    From Berghaus, when I enquired. The only information they had on file was:

Features were:
    45 litre Volume.
    Padded back with frame. Lid Pocket. Front Pocket.
    Two side pockets. 38mm waist belt. Single ice axe holder.
    1.2kg in weight.

So they mustn't of kept much data on the product long term after they stopped manufacturing it. Hmmm

Alone in the Wilderness
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanE38 View Post
    From Berghaus, when I enquired. The only information they had on file was:

Features were:
    45 litre Volume.
    Padded back with frame. Lid Pocket. Front Pocket.
    Two side pockets. 38mm waist belt. Single ice axe holder.
    1.2kg in weight.

So they mustn't of kept much data on the product long term after they stopped manufacturing it. Hmmm
    If it helps, I have a Berghaus Dart 25 with Advent back, purchased brand new circa 1996. The number refers to the capacity, so the 25 is the smaller brother to the 45. Same layout - 2 side pockets, lid pocket and front horseshoe pocket around the main bag. Padded shoulder straps and very useful waist straps. It had travelled to all sorts of places with me, often stuffed to the gills in lieu of "standard" luggage. I only tripped over this thread when searching for some info on giving it a thorough clean, sadly it had acquired a bit of mildew. Too good to dump so it is getting treated! Hope that helps date your rucksack. I don't know when they discontinued this range but hope you get as much use and pleasure from your "vintage" 45 as I have had from my 25.