Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Hello, new lady camper here!

I have just joined today, and new to bushcraft. I love camping and the outdoors in general and grew up camping with my family. We used to go to scotland and wales and I always remembered how great it was, sitting under the stars in the middle of nowhere with just the trees and animals.
    I was brought up on rabbit stew, (my dad was a hunter) its awful, but if I can skip the rabbits bit I think i will be ok.
    My aim is to wild camp for a few days, in between work, as I only work 3 days a week, to get back to the land. I have a bit of a forest garden going at my home, and grow some foods, and would rather watch the skies anyday than the telly.

Hope to meet some bushwild friendly folk on here to go with as no one I know wants to even try bushcraft.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Yep, that's how it happened for me - didn't know a soul who was interested in this kind of stuff until I happened across this website some years ago. Since then, and as a direct result, I have found more good friends and kindred spirits than I could shake a stick at. I had to initially take my courage in both hands and attend a meet that was promoted here. I didn't know a soul, didn't know the reception I would get, the level of knowledge I had compared to others, or how friendly they would be. I needn't have worried - it was like coming home.

Other websites and Facebook groups dedicated to bushcraft have widened my horizons even further. Now I am spoilt for choice.

Welcome to the fold Night_Rose, I hope your experiences will be as pleasant and productive as mine have been .
    “If the apple won't fall - go shake the tree.”
    ― Isaac Newton

Dia duit agus fáilte from the wooded hills of Connecticut
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Hi and welcome Night_Rose, plenty of meets around your neck of the woods, good to have you aboard

Welcome to the community Night_Rose

Hello and welcome,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Eyup from Yorkshire
    [

Thanks guys...

You all seem a friendly bunch.

Trapper
    Beautiful North Yorkshire Coast - love it
    Welcome Night_Rose
    On a planet that increasingly resembles one huge Maximum Security prison, the only intelligent choice is to plan a jail break.

Robert Anton Wilson

Rose,To the forum,there are some lady members,whom I am sure will welcome you too.but as previously said they are all afriendly knowledgeable lot on here.n I'm sure you'll fit in.
    as you find your way around the forum you'll see various groups n meets.Maybe one may be near you.?atb mike.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown