Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodgas Stove

Woodgas Stove

I just finished this woodgas stove today, and thought I would share. I made it from two cans one small and one larger can. I just did a quick test burn and it worked great. I will do a boil test this evening and report back with the results, but it seems very promising. Here are a few pictures.

1 by michael sylvia, on Flickr

2 by michael sylvia, on Flickr

3 by michael sylvia, on Flickr

4 by michael sylvia, on Flickr

Samuel Hearne
    That is looking alright let us know how it burns and if possible please video it.

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    That is looking alright let us know how it burns and if possible please video it.
    Hi ian,,

I'm not very good at videos and I only have a camera, but I will try. If not, I will post some pictures. Thank you!

Brilliant job, that should work quite nicely . You saved about $60 I reckon .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Brilliant job, that should work quite nicely . You saved about $60 I reckon .
    Thanks my friend... Thank you for the heads up as well, this seems like a nice place.

Nice job, I've done a few with mixed results, might wanna think about a sack for the stove when it sits inside your cup

Quote Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
    Nice job, I've done a few with mixed results, might wanna think about a sack for the stove when it sits inside your cup
    I have a nice canvas sack for it! I really hope it works well, we'll see. Heading out for ice cream with the family, I will fire it up upon return.

Well my test run was a failure. I'm not sure I'm using the stove correctly or not. I added a hand full of shavings then tossed in a match. I put my pot stand on and then my cup of water. I then added small twigs and had a decent burn going, but the flames would come and go. Maybe I should have just filled the stove with twigs then fired it up? I'll try again today and see what happens. The twigs are very dry and seasoned so I wasn't using wet wood.

I think you'll need more than a few twigs, they'll burn away before the secondary burn ( I think ) try loading it and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
    I think you'll need more than a few twigs, they'll burn away before the secondary burn ( I think ) try loading it and see what happens
    Thank you. I'll give it another go for sure. I didn't want to add too much wood at one time as not to choke the fire. It may take some practice using this new piece of kit, and it may have worked well for someone acquainted with it. I won't give up just yet!