Thread: Primitive Technology

Primitive Technology

Anyone else hear of this guy?

He has an excellent channel on youtube completely devoted to primitive skills. He has made stone tools (that work), built lodges and huts solely out of materials he gathers from his environment, and seems proficient with the hand drill. He lives in a tropical region (not sure exactly where) and makes practicing these skills his hobby.

The above video is his latest. He also created a blog recently, https://primitivetechnology.wordpress.com/

Couldn't resist sharing this with you guys, we can all learn from him, and he's got a lot to teach .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Yeah, I saw this elsewhere last week, great skills as you say.

This guys videos are really compelling. Nice having no voicovers or unneccessary noise, almost hypnotic viewing. Inspiring too. Thanks for sharing.

I've watched his videos, Jon.

I like the way they're shot and edited. Especially the fact that there's no goofy music added.
    It proably wouldn't detract from the videos at all if he did commentary over the video, but I like the fact that it's just a pure visual experience.

Thanks for the tip on the blog too, he has more videos there that I haven't watched yet. By the way, in the comments section, he says he's from FNQ Australia.

All the best!

Josh
    "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time..." ~Steven Wright~

Aha!! So that's where he's from!
    Agreed, his style is magical. He has great footage, it almost makes you feel like you're there with him. The lack of speech and music creates such a wonderful down-to-Earth atmosphere IMO.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin