Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bushcraft Magazine

Question Bushcraft Magazine

Found their website on my Internet foraging. Does anyone read this mag? Is it any good and worth the subscription? I see they have a May Day meet in Kent as well. Anyone been?
    It's amazing what you can do with some meths and hexi blocks!

Coming Soon - http://www.bushcrafters.co.uk

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Bushcraft Magazine readers recently voted NaturalBushcraft best bushcraft website. Not only that, but Matt (Quarryman Moderator) won their competition for a bushcraft course.

Never read it myself but with credentials like that I think you should buy it.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

It was Bushcraft and Survival Skills magazine, don't know if they're one and the same?

Regards, Matt.
    It's not arson if it's your own stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Bushcraft Magazine readers recently voted NaturalBushcraft best bushcraft website. Not only that, but Matt (Quarryman Moderator) won their competition for a bushcraft course.

Never read it myself but with credentials like that I think you should buy it.

Martin
    Anything that might help with which shiny things to buy ;-)

After Martin's post have done more research, there are two magazines. One is the Bushcraft Magazine, with a not so good website and the the other one being the Bushcraft and Survival Skills Magazine that Matt mentioned. I think I'll subscribe to the latter for now as it is bi-monthly, the other being quarterly.

Alone in the Wilderness
    I have a flick though the Bushcraft magazine when ever it comes out, but i wouldn't go as far as subscribing to it! Better to go down to WH Smiths and read it for free!

I bought a copy of the Bushcraft & Survival Skills mag for the first time this month after visiting their website.
    I thought i'd buy a copy before subscribing just to see if it was any good and i have to say it's not half bad.

There are plenty of relevent articles and reviews along with the subsequent advertisements (of which somepeople may like - not me).
    £5 but 82 pages of good content overall.
    The very fact 'NaturalBushcraft' has won best online content shows they must know a little bit lol, and hence must be worth at least one scouting purchase..
    There's no brew without fire.

I'm a subscriber to Bushcraft & Survival Skills Magazine and I look forward to it being delivered. It sometimes gets a bit of a pasting on a *certain* other forum which I feel is mainly unjustified (a bit like the impromptu slapping of the passenger in Airport!). I've built up a good amount of magazines and they make useful reference material and have covered everything from bow making to flint knapping.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    I subscribe to the Bushcraft mag.. I have met many of the contributors and I have a lot of respect for them all. The Editors are genuine people wanting to pass on knowledge rather than send out a mag full of adverts.
    Its the best bushcraft mag out there imo.
    I used to like the BcUK mag too.. Its a shame it went under..

The May Day meet was a big success by all accounts, review here.. http://www.bushcraftliving.com/revie...e-may-day-meet

Bushcraft and Survival magazine (www.bushcraftmagazine.co.uk) that voted this site as the best and can be bought in WH Smith, is VERY different from the Bushcraft Magazine (no Survival bit, and can be found at www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk - note the hyphen) that runs the May Day meet in Kent.
    Opinion seems split on the two. But for every one person who likes Bushcraft and Survival magazine, there are ten who prefer the Bushcraft Magazine.
    I don't subscribe to either, though have picked up the odd issue of both.
    My feelings are that B&SM is aimed more at beginners (light-weight articles that never go indepth - almost certainly due to the amount of space that has to be given over to adverts to help pay for publication), whilst BM seems more aimed at those who want to explore their skills more indepth - probably due to the fact that it's a subscription-only magazine and doesn't have so many overheads and can give more space to articles than adverts.
    Which you prefer depends on what you want from a magazine - something to occupy the mind during lunch break or something that helps expand your knowledge and understanding and will prove a useful reference.
    Last edited by Humakt; 01-02-2011 at 01:02 PM.