Thread: Wanted, Rab Module 100 Sleeping bag

Wanted, Rab Module 100 Sleeping bag

I am selling this item as a private seller and this sale is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators. I promise to use this area to sell unwanted kit, not to repeatedly list similar items in the pursuit of profit.

I'm looking to do a direct swap. If anyone has a "Rab Module 100 Sleeping bag", and would like to do a direct swap for a "Mountain Hardwear Ratio 45" Sleeping Bag (Regular size) give me a PM or reply here.

The zip is on the left hand side of the body when lying on your back.

All tech. specs. (especially baffle construction, that has down on the base and that it has a hood) are higher on the Aspect 45 other than the quality of down. The Aspect 45 does have really good down, just not the top end that "Rab" uses. However the "Aspext 45 "down itself has it's own DWR, not just on the shell. It also has an RRP of close to double that of the "Rab Module 100", which can be found here on sale at black for the same price as the Rab bag's RRP.

http://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/06...-mid-grey.html

So for that reason I should probably justify my reasoning. When I was out of action for a long period with injury, and financially not doing so great, I sold it with full intention of replacing it when back in action. By which time it was out of stock everywhere and no longer manufactured.

I've used my "Mountain Hardwear" bag 5 times, and always in a condensation free bivvy bag. It's in as good as new condition. I'm looking for a "Rab Module 100" in good physical condition, cosmetically I don't care, if I need to clean it that's fine.

I was disappointed at first when I couldn't get another "Module 100", but was very very happy with my "Ratio 45".

But....

I recently got an "Alpkit Numo" sleeping mat, "Highly recommended by the way" and found that the lengthwise air chambers allow me to start carrying a bed roll outside my pack again. But I like the mat inside my sleeping bag, that is inside my bivvy bag "Alpkit Hunka", (also highly recommended).

Obviously for this reason the down below the mat in my new bag is completely unnecessary and the Module 100 would be better suited to my needs.

So hopefully mutually, my bag would better suit someone with a "Module 100's" needs and we could trade.

Here's a link to the "Ratio 45" website/features etc. If you have a "Module 100" you'll know what it is already. Just incase here's the differences.

http://www.mountainhardwear.com/rati...tio+45&start=1

1. No hood on the "Rab", full hood on the "MH".
    2. Only down on the top "Rab", completely filled bag "MH".
    3. Straight through sewn construction "Rab", baffle construction "MH"
    4. higher quality down in the "Rab", can't remember what to be honest.
    5. The "Rab" is obviously lighter having less than half the insulation. I seem to recall the "Rab" being between 500 and 600 grams somewhere, the "MH, weighs 733 grams.
    6. Pack size. If you have the "Rab" you can measure it and compare to what the link I posted states for the "MH", but it does compress smaller than stated. My best guess from memory is that the "Rab" packs to around 2/3rd the size of the "MH".

As an aside. If anyone doesn't mind that their equipment is made in China, Alpkit are excellent. The do ultralight gear that can't compete, weight-wise, with the higher end companies. So for a lot cheaper you get very well constructed (never tried their clothing by the way, so can't comment there) ultralight gear that weighs a tad more than the best, but in return is more robust. I think they are a great compromise between weight and wearing.
    Last edited by Magicdave; 16-07-2015 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added disclaimer at the start

I done a bit of research.

The "Rab" is 800, perhaps 850, Fill Power down. The Fill Weight I really can't remember.

The "MH" is 650 Fill Power down, but with Q.Shield™ DWR so that it retains its insulation properties when/if wet. Which it never has been.

Alone in the Wilderness
    Dave, you can buy a Rab Module at a very low price at Rock and Run right now (just search on 'rab module' at the rockrun.com website) although I don't imagine the last few will be available for long. I also suggest you google the sleep mat you bought carefully ... not too sure it'll last you that long (unless they've solved the ungluing problem and restarted production...), and you might well regret it if you sell the MH!

Seth, you are my hero. Thankyou very much.

I can't comment on the sleep mat, Work has been hectic since I posted this and haven't been out overnight since. So I've not used it much at all. If the first batch did have a problem I have one, I kept my eye open for them getting stock and ordered as soon as they had them. I'll google around to see what's happening. Thanks again, for that.

and you might well regret it if you sell the MH!
    You maybe right, but I'm not a hoarder and would rather someone else could use something I'd otherwise have in a cupboard. It is an excellent bag for sure. But I know the Rab suits my needs all year round with clothing being the other modules in my system.

If anyone want's to make an offer on my Mountain Hardware bag feel free to give me a shout.

I can't comment on the sleep mat, Work has been hectic since I posted this and haven't been out overnight since. So I've not used it much at all. If the first batch did have a problem I have one, I kept my eye open for them getting stock and ordered as soon as they had them. I'll google around to see what's happening. Thanks again, for that.
    I'm confused, first google hit taken me to a blog where the guy mentions getting an "Appkit Numo" a few years ago. I was under the impression they were just new earlier this year. If it turns out to be a new version of an old product (as Alpkit have done in the past) I could be good.

Alone in the Wilderness
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicdave View Post
    I'll google around to see what's happening. Thanks again, for that.
    ... http://lightfromthenorth.blogspot.co...on-design.html

Thanks again, that's the blog I found when I googled. I had a proper/further read through to find out what the issue you mentioned was. It's definitely no longer an issue. They have solved the glue issue with new Numo mats, and probably by the simplest method possible. They don't have insulation in them anymore, and are advertised as a 2-3 season mat.

I don't know what they were advertised as with the older models, as I hadn't seen them when they were available.

I did actually consider keeping the Mountain Hardware bag, but it would only beaches I like it. So it's up for sale.

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...eeping-Bag-F-S