Thread: Solo coffee

Solo coffee

Doesn't get any easier than this. Decided to use my svea today paired with a USGI canteen cup turned solo cook pot did a bit of cowboy coffee. Worked well took a few minutes guessing nope didn't time it nor was I worried about doing such. Need to knock up a windscreen but improvised used my crazy creek chair worked pretty well. And not a single ground in my drinking cup.

“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

I've heard a lot of "gritty" stories about cowboy coffee...guess those folks were brewing it wrong. Nice to see the tri-stand working for ye
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Yep if ya don't let it settle or add some cold water to settle them then yes you can get a bit to chew on lol. Yep she works pretty well
    “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:

Richard
    South Wales UK

Quote Originally Posted by rik_uk3 View Post
    Yep got something similar I don't mind letting it sit for a short minute. Besides by that time just about the perfect drinking temp

" Nessmuk " says:

This is my personal, one-cup coffee maker. I've been using this almost exclusively for both home and work, and hope to give it a go next time I'm out and about.

Melitta Pour-over cone

I've never been very good at brewing a cup of coffee until I started using the pour-over method. (I know, that sounded like a very bad commercial, I apologize.)

All the best!

Josh
    "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time..." ~Steven Wright~

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown14 View Post
    This is my personal, one-cup coffee maker. I've been using this almost exclusively for both home and work, and hope to give it a go next time I'm out and about.

Melitta Pour-over cone

I've never been very good at brewing a cup of coffee until I started using the pour-over method. (I know, that sounded like a very bad commercial, I apologize.)

All the best!

Josh
    I have one of those and been using one of them for years josh.
    It's a great bit of kit I do dig simple cowboy coffee to

" Nessmuk " says:

Quote Originally Posted by bikebum1975 View Post
    I have one of those and been using one of them for years josh.
    It's a great bit of kit I do dig simple cowboy coffee to

I'm going to have to try cowboy coffee some time, I've always been hesitant to try making it that way.
    The coffee boiling away in your picture looks great to me, rich and dark...mmmmmmm.
    Coffee is a conversation I can always get behind.
    "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time..." ~Steven Wright~

It's really easy put your grounds in the pot then add water and boil for a few how long depends on how much you want it to turn into rot gut lol. Let sit for a minute adding a bit of cold water not to much though. It's an artform making good cowboy brew the first time you get it you'll go wow I bet

" Nessmuk " says:

Alone in the Wilderness
    My personal coffee kit...tin mug, in the fire till it's boiling, take it out, add the grounds, stir, leave it near the fire to keep warm while it brews. when ready to drink, stir it, shove the grounds stuck to the side down and drink. Use teeth if too much floats!