Thread: Oven

Oven

Had an idea a few weeks ago from a Facebook posting. This is my take on the idea. Anywho took a cookie sheet cut it down to the width and length of the Stanley pot made basically a mini pizza peel to slide it into the pot. Tried it out with some instant biscuit mix it worked very well. Took 20 minutes flip it half way through. Sure didn't get fully browned but was perfectly cooked nice and flakey. Opens up a whole bunch of new ideas for cooking in the woods. I'm sure it could easily modified to another pot. The handle makes perfect to hold the lid on to. Bonus is non stick from the cookie sheet. Yep she probably used a decent amount of gas to bake it but I'm ok with that. Tried the fit on some other stoves first shown a Sierra zip wood stove. Was lazy didn't feel like bothering with a fire that day.

“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

L'amo i fiori, le montagne, e...le pizzette .
    (I love the flowers, the mountains, and...the pizza)

Have you been to Soho's by the DT on White Street? Their margharita pizza is to die for, makes me wish I could eat gluten again lol.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Nope not been out that way in ages yeah good margarita is killer
    “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:

Samuel Hearne
    That reminds me of a field oven that the chefs used to make out of a metal dustbin over a open fire.

Hi !

In fact, it works, but it could be improve. I think that putting some ground around your pot could keep the heat inside. By this way, your bread will have a more homogeneous temperature and may not burn underside.

I made this video one year ago, and it works very well.

On one hand it takes a (little) bit more of time, but in the other hand I think the cook is better.
    The advantage of you way, is that you use any wood and can be easily transportable.
    English isn't my mother tongue so pliz correct me if i'm wrong, thx !

Neat idea mini cob oven. I've seen full sized ones made before first time seen one on a small scale

" Nessmuk " says: