Thread: Too darn hot!!!

Trapper
    Beautiful North Yorkshire Coast - love it

Too darn hot!!!

Sheesh I can't cope with this weather it's way too hot for me! Seems like all my outdoor gear is designed to protect me from the cold and wet but nobody has brought out any air conditioned gear have they...

I suppose I could go out in some shorts and nothing else but that would really spoil the countryside for everyone else - women rushing away screaming in terror, kids crying and shouting "help its a giant orang utan!", local wildlife heading for mainland europe never to be seen on UK shores again... nope it's not an option!

Please cool down a bit I want to hit the woods!!!!
    On a planet that increasingly resembles one huge Maximum Security prison, the only intelligent choice is to plan a jail break.

Robert Anton Wilson

Pouring down here, but we are close to a heat spell here to. 12*C. Not every day that we can brag about double digit temps
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by Silkhi View Post
    Sheesh I can't cope with this weather it's way too hot for me! Seems like all my outdoor gear is designed to protect me from the cold and wet but nobody has brought out any air conditioned gear have they...

I suppose I could go out in some shorts and nothing else but that would really spoil the countryside for everyone else - women rushing away screaming in terror, kids crying and shouting "help its a giant orang utan!", local wildlife heading for mainland europe never to be seen on UK shores again... nope it's not an option!

Please cool down a bit I want to hit the woods!!!!
    Sounds like you are enjoying some nice summer days there!
    It's blooming cold here in Cape Town, 24 degrees centigrade with weak winter sunshine, we could use some of your temperatures right now!
    You got it right, the only way to cope with the heat is layering in the clothing department, the hotter it is, the less clothing the better, so long as you stay protected from the sun, the average summer day here in SA will scorch the skin straight off your body.
    A large brimmed hat (which breaths) is a great help.
    Good luck!

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Today it is really sunny, hot and yet windy here in Cornwall, UK.

Oh and it's Silkhi's Birthday today - happy birthday! Enjoy the sun and heat
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Just calm down ,summer will last for a long time ,I put my outdoor gear in a box .When the temperature becomes lower,I'd like to take them go out .

Different weathers I can cope with but the damn horseflies are something else. Sat in a field at the moment watching water come out of a pipe and been bitten twice already. My arm is starting to look like someone inserted a tennis ball under the skin!

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Different weathers I can cope with but the damn horseflies are something else. Sat in a field at the moment watching water come out of a pipe and been bitten twice already. My arm is starting to look like someone inserted a tennis ball under the skin!
    Your blood is too sweet, eat garlic lots of it!
    Then the flies won't come near you, nor will the missus or anybody else for that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Locate some Plantago Major, chew a couple of leaves into a pulp and then press onto bites and leave there. Should help.

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Breithlá sona duit, Silkhi!

It was rather hot and humid a few days ago, but a round of thunderstorms knocked it out and cooled things down to 24 C, and the humidity dropped as a bonus. But I can't say I blame you, I adapt to the cold much quicker than I do to the usual hot and humid weather we have in late spring through summer.
    Luckily for me, my garage is quite cool during the warmer months being partially underground, so I have a place to mess around carving or doing other projects.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin