Thread: When Survival is a Little Too Close to Home

When Survival is a Little Too Close to Home

This whole event could have been avoided if the party took safety precautions more seriously. What should have been a relaxing evening fishing trip turned into a frightful night for three young adults. All this happened about 12 miles from me on Lake Lillinonah and Paugusset State Forest.

It should serve as a reminder to us all to ALWAYS practice good safety measures no matter where we are.

https://newenglandbushcraft.wordpres...close-to-home/
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

I'd be interested to read/hear/see an interview with them in a years time. Have they learnt how to take better care, do they prepare well now, or have they abandoned the outdoors. It would be interesting. We all make mistakes, especially when we're young. How we react to these sorts of lessons is what defines our paths in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    I'd be interested to read/hear/see an interview with them in a years time. Have they learnt how to take better care, do they prepare well now, or have they abandoned the outdoors. It would be interesting. We all make mistakes, especially when we're young. How we react to these sorts of lessons is what defines our paths in life.
    I can second that.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin