Thread: Using the Polish Poncho in the atrocious weather it was designed for...

Using the Polish Poncho in the atrocious weather it was designed for...

Really nasty alpine weather.
    0-2c
    Continuous heavy rain.
    Possibly several more days of it
    Not sure of a fire or a dry camp.

This is what the Polish Infantry Poncho was made for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just say NO to unnecessary suffering - https://www.youtube.com/user/susannewilliams

Tricky weather, challenging terrain, but those views make it all the more worthwhile.
    Really like your blend of new kit with old-fashioned gear .
    No gaiters? Or do the seal skinz take car of that?
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Tricky weather, challenging terrain, but those views make it all the more worthwhile.
    Really like your blend of new kit with old-fashioned gear .
    No gaiters? Or do the seal skinz take car of that?
    Sealskinz - Yep. They do it all.
    (I really only wear scree gaiters in the summer. In the winter yes, normal gaiters too.)

I have a heavy/warm pair with masses of cushy merino inside, and I also have a lighterweight pair.

Eventually they do get damp, and over the years they will start to be a bit leaky, but for overall staying warm/dry there is nothing better.

I learned that from years of running the KIMM (Karrimor International Mountain Marathon..)
    - Now there is some education for you about how to move around in the mountains fast in bad weather. Oh my.

:-)

Glad you liked.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just say NO to unnecessary suffering - https://www.youtube.com/user/susannewilliams